1.    #1  
    Hey everyone

Just wanted to say that I am new to the Pre (anything Palm actually). I bought myself and my wife a Palm Pre Plus from Verizon a few weeks back. We came from iPhones on AT&T (don't get me started on that).

Just wanted to say we are both loving everything about the device. When we initially went to Verizon I was actually considering the Droid, until I actually started playing around on it. I am usually pretty quick to pick up on things like that, but I couldn't figure out how to open multiple programs for the life of me. This was a big deal coming from the iPhone. When I saw the Pre, as soon as I picked it up I knew it was what I was looking for. How the Pre is not outselling the Droid is beyond me (well, I know why, and it is because Verizon sales reps, at least here, push the Droid on every single person who walks through that door wanting a smartphone.)

But I digress. Just wanted to give whoever needs thanking for all the great work with the patches. Everything from adding the attachments to the messaging app, to Ampache mobile (once it's set up haha), all the way to the 800MHz patch. As I said, me and my wife both love the phones and they are 1000x's better than the iPhone. And all the work that is being done here makes them all the better.

Thank you again.
    welcome! As I'm sure you've already noticed, the homebrew community for the pre especially here at pre central is extraordinary. hope you enjoy the pre as much as we do.
    Welcome to the family! I hope your experience is anywhere close to what I've experienced here. There will be a few people who will rip you for not knowing everything already, but for the most part everyone is very helpful. Just make sure you learn to use the search function, as most of the questions you have will have already been answered on a previous thread or post. Oh, and remember as you use the great programs like Preware, WebOS Quick Install, and many others from the homebrew community...a little donation goes a long way to keeping these talented people coding for all of us!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Wow, that's a really great post. And I totally agree. Every phone has it's share of issues, but for me, the Pre is just a really great, nice, tight, powerhouse of a phone.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the community.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I too am a new Pre person. Only on my 3rd day. Have already installed WebOS Quick Install and Preware and gone to town with many free apps. This is my first smart phone. It goes with me tonight on its first 12 hour shift. This is where the rubber hits the road.

I know that the battery wont last, but I have electricity in my Patrol unit.
    welcome new pre owners!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Wow, that's a really great post. And I totally agree. Every phone has it's share of issues, but for me, the Pre is just a really great, nice, tight, powerhouse of a phone.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the community.

That's what I don't get. Every single phone has its issues, even the 'holy iPhone" that all the sheep seem to cave too. Yet, the Pre and Palm are receiving so much criticism from everyone and anyone.

Honestly...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    That's what I don't get. Every single phone has its issues, even the 'holy iPhone" that all the sheep seem to cave too. Yet, the Pre and Palm are receiving so much criticism from everyone and anyone.

Honestly...
    To get my iPhone to do anything I actually wanted it to do (multitask mainly) I had to jailbreak it. But nothing ever worked smoothly or just flowed like the Palm Pre does out of the box. The only thing it has over the Pre is battery life. But hey, when you can only have one program up and running at a time I guess it's hard to drain TOO much battery at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael_donaldson View Post
    To get my iPhone to do anything I actually wanted it to do (multitask mainly) I had to jailbreak it. But nothing ever worked smoothly or just flowed like the Palm Pre does out of the box. The only thing it has over the Pre is battery life. But hey, when you can only have one program up and running at a time I guess it's hard to drain TOO much battery at once.
    haha well it's quite refreshing that some iPhone users out there actually see the light.

And with the battery life, yea i hear you. Also the battery must be a lot bigger than Pre's so that would also be a contributing factor.

This is what makes me mad the most.
    webOS has been out for less than 1 year.
    iControl has been out for 2+ years.

It takes a little time for an OS to mature, polish and all that.

I don't even own a Pre atm. My phone is on it's last legs. I still use windows mobile 6.1 and i'm in dying need. Yet, I'm patiently waiting for a gsm version to come to Canada so I can finally have a Pre full time.

Hardware issues/os issues = same on every platform. You'll always run into problems.