Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So my wife and I have a 10 month old puppy who we've been trying to leave alone in the house for short trips because we feel bad leaving her in the crate. Shes finally house broken, but tonight we realized that she isn't over chewing things.

We went out to dinner tonight for a couple of hours and came home to my wife's Pre the victim of our puppy. She accidentally left it at home and within reach. So the screen is shattered, its chewed up pretty bad. It turns on, lights up, makes noise, but shows nothing. It's on the touchstone charging because we think the battery is dead, and then i'll try calling it to see if she can at least make/receive calls.

We have insurance on it, but are we going to have to pay the $100 deductible? If that is the case, what is the process and how quickly can she expect to get a replacement? I appreciate any info!

-Matt

Yes, it will definitely cost $100 to replace. Expect a refurbished within 2-3 days. Just go to the Sprint repair center, tell them what happened and they will offer to replace it for the $100. They will give you a dumbphone to hold onto in the meantime. You can also give them a number to call whenever they receive your Pre in the mail.

All in all, its a smooth process unless you come across some hard-headed employee who's having a bad day. In general though it shouldn't take long at all.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    It's definitely going to be $100 to replace it with a refurb and like abyssul said 2-3 days
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    ouch
    Look on the bright side at least it didn't hurt the dog vets are expensive
    wow bad doggie !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the quick responses! Looks like i'll be paying the sprint store a visit tomorrow. Can I go to the sprint store or does it have to be a "repair center"? Her's was a recent upgrade from her palm centro so it was all new feeling and faster compared to mine. I have a day 1 pre (still) and have been putting up with the usual stuck keyboard keys, random volume adjustments, random freezes, ghosted shapes and yellowish spots on the screen in the corners, and sluggish OS. (I swear i love my phone hehe)

Changing subjects, what are MY options as far as getting my phone replaced with a refurbished one? I've loved my PRE since June 6th when I picked it up the day it was released, but i'm sick of its quirks..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Look on the bright side at least it didn't hurt the dog vets are expensive
    Yes, i'm glad she didn't get too far into it. When we walked in she was on the bed wagging her tail, and after a quick look around the house we didn't see any accidents, or anything else chewed up. So I went over to pet and praise her when I saw what she had on the bed.....yikes! My wife isn't pleased with the puppy now, but I did manage to get a smile out of her with this thread and the pics :-D
    Om nom nom nom
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

thats why they say a dog is a mans best friend not a woman's haha
    Quote Originally Posted by djmatix View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses! Looks like i'll be paying the sprint store a visit tomorrow. Can I go to the sprint store or does it have to be a "repair center"? Her's was a recent upgrade from her palm centro so it was all new feeling and faster compared to mine. I have a day 1 pre (still) and have been putting up with the usual stuck keyboard keys, random volume adjustments, random freezes, ghosted shapes and yellowish spots on the screen in the corners, and sluggish OS. (I swear i love my phone hehe)

Changing subjects, what are MY options as far as getting my phone replaced with a refurbished one? I've loved my PRE since June 6th when I picked it up the day it was released, but i'm sick of its quirks..
    I would search for a repair center. I went to go get mine replaced from a Sprint store to only be redirected to a repair center.

As for build quality, I understand that her build quality might have been better, but OS speed sluggish? If thats the case then you should consider doctoring your phone. Random volume adjustments is a software bug introduced lately. Most of your problems are software related. Yellowish blots are cosmetic and are not covered. Stuck keyboard keys might trigger a manufacture defect, but it depends on how serious it is. They could also trace it back to a user defect.

(My sentences are fractured, but I'm just listing off what you need. No need to beat around the bush.)

wow that sucks, that's why my dog goes in his crate when i'm not home, i don't care how good he is, dogs get bored too.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Its gonna be a deductible issue. Call the sprint store to see if they have any refurbs in stock because you are going to get a refurb if this is your first replacement. If they don't have any in stock call customer service and have them bill it to your account and ship you one out next day. That looks like the best you are going to do unless anyone else has had better experiences with this issue.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Save yourself a trip and verify that they have refurbs in stock. I find that customer service is faster over the phone when sending a refurb. The store is usually 2-3 days like others have said.
  15.    #15  
    The key getting stuck is random. Sometimes i'll be typing out a text message and all of a sudden a raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandom key will get stuck. Literally that is how it is. I just put preware back on my phone, and i'm considering loading up one of the overclocking patches. I really do love this phone, I finally feel like I have a phone that can keep up with me. I need to look up a Sprint repair store so we can get our phones straight.

Thanks for all of the responses!
    Keep us up-to-date on any issues or questions you get.

try crate tranning,,only had to use the crate until both my dogs were around 8months old. Puppie should not be alone and free like that.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mellisnj View Post
    Save yourself a trip and verify that they have refurbs in stock. I find that customer service is faster over the phone when sending a refurb. The store is usually 2-3 days like others have said.
    I'll have to check and see if there are any sprint stores in the area. We originally upgraded her phone at Best Buy. I did mine at an actual sprint store the day they came out last year.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    try crate tranning,,only had to use the crate until both my dogs were around 8months old. Puppie should not be alone and free like that.

We did crate train her, the problem is - is that she is wayyyyyyyyy too smart for her own good. She'll escape from crates, she literally systematically test things for flaws and exploits them. We finally got wise and realized that the collapsible wire crates suck, and got her one of those plastic ones with the metal windows and metal front door. Everything was great until we moved. We were leaving her out because if she broke out of her cage, she'd ransack the house, but if we left her out the worst that would happen is she'd pee somewhere. lol

We are trying to start leaving her out when we're not home, shes almost 11 months old. She is in a crate during the day while we're at work, and the last thing I want to do is throw her back into the crate if we go somewhere at night.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Keep us up-to-date on any issues or questions you get.

I will for sure!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast