Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    wow that sucks, that's why my dog goes in his crate when i'm not home, i don't care how good he is, dogs get bored too.
    That's not a dog...it's a Jack Russell Terrier...they are the Velociraptors of the dog world! They will, left to there own, chew & destroy anything in their path, lol! That's one dog that should never be left alone without being crated...my wife's a certified dog trainer and she concurs...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

2.    #22  
    We actually don't know what she is. We got her from the shelter down in Georgia. A utility worker found her and the rest of her litter in a cardboard box on the side of the road. Some people think shes part jack russell part italian greyhound. Others think shes part whippet, one guy said shes got a little basengi in her. We have no idea. She is quiet as a mouse, loves to cuddle, and fast as lightning. Her ears receive a 4G signal when fully extended. lol

She's ONLY 10 months old so she's still a puppy and they do chew. We have a two year old Chihuhua that we put behind a gate in the kitchen because he is so destructive when we let him out into the rest of the house. Some dogs are just that way while others never bother anything. Just remember that the floor and anything they can climb on is fair game in their mind. Hopefully you can get your Pre replaced without too much trouble. It should be interesting when you take it in and say "my dog ate my phone" which would be along the same line as "my dog ate my homework:!!! Sorry for you loss.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    that dog is beautiful and definitely a jack russell, short-legged.

as for your phone, I usually do the transaction online.
    it usually doesn't take me longer than a day after the claim is processed.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I've seen JRT's chase a volleyball for 8 hours straight, and only then stumble off a curb.
    Claim it was a manufacture defect, and it happened on it's own... When he calls you on your lie, say "that's my story, and i'm sticking to it.." You'll still have to pay, but you might as well have some fun with the guy first...
    Get your puppy an iPhone chew toy, maybe she'll leave the Pre alone next time. And how could you possibly leave the Pre at home, mine never leaves my person I'd feel naked without it.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    When I was climbing on some rocks I fell into a large body of water know as the San Francisco Bay! My phone got soaked as I was swimming around!

I just used the insurance website and got my replacement overnite (for free) got a free battery and extra back cover. So fastest service was thru this site...

Asurion - Home

Hope it helps!

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    That's a real cute doggy.
    At least he only chewed up a Pre. When i was a kid, we had a puppy that would take a "blank", then push it all around the floor with his little snout before "finally" proceeding to EAT it!!
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 04/07/2010 at 05:29 AM.
    on the way to the sprint store you can drop the dog back off at the pound, just a thought....
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    wow bad doggie !!!
    BAD OWNERS.
    Looks like it might still work
    I remember when my first pre bricked and I got a free replacement (got a refurb, but the keyboard didn't work so the girl just grabbed me a new one) anyway I did ask how much it would be if it broke by accident and he said $150, so I don't know, and I have insurance on it.. Truthfully, I wouldn't even have a pre right now if my 755p was still working, the screen cracked and they wanted $100 to replace it, and I was due for an upgrade anyway.

I love the pre but without preware and the patches it was kinda gay (no timestamp options in sms?) so much stuff like that, and I Really miss playing nintendo on my 755p with that LJP emulator, pre's gameboy emulator sucks so bad, sound is terrible..
    My baby Rottweiler had a chewing issue for the first week I brought him home, one night he chewed through a lamp cord, well, he was fine but it totally stopped him from chewing random things again.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    My baby Rottweiler had a chewing issue for the first week I brought him home, one night he chewed through a lamp cord, well, he was fine but it totally stopped him from chewing random things again.
    I would imagine so, lol.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Good luck with the replacement phone. No way around paying for that, sure doesn't look like a manufacturing defect.

When we were training for short out of crate time, our Golden would periodically behave and periodically not. Sometimes chewing on things and sometimes destroying things. It happens.

She's cute tho - and therein lies the problem
    Dan
    That dog is obviously an industrial agent from Ottawa or Cupertino. But a good looking hound nonetheless!
    "Honest to the point of recklessness; self-centered in the extreme."
    You are now the poster child for why I buy insurance on expensive smart phones when they first come out and you can't pick them up on ebay for >$100.

Keep paying that premium! And watch for the occasional trolling thread that declares "why I'm done with Pre" or "Why I'm switching to Android" or "I'm sick of (fill in the blank) and getting an iPhone.

You could probably PM any one of those people and snag a sweet deal on the phone they are hating on. That's probably worth it just to have a back-up.

As far as the dog... One word:

Garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmatix View Post
    We actually don't know what she is. We got her from the shelter down in Georgia. A utility worker found her and the rest of her litter in a cardboard box on the side of the road. Some people think shes part jack russell part italian greyhound. Others think shes part whippet, one guy said shes got a little basengi in her. We have no idea. She is quiet as a mouse, loves to cuddle, and fast as lightning. Her ears receive a 4G signal when fully extended. lol
    What part of Georgia? BTW, you can go to Petsmart and they have a DNA service that will tell you exactly what breeds are in your dog's DNA. They will also sell you a crate that will take a padlock that even your dog can't pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Yes, it will definitely cost $100 to replace. Expect a refurbished within 2-3 days. Just go to the Sprint repair center, tell them what happened and they will offer to replace it for the $100. They will give you a dumbphone to hold onto in the meantime. You can also give them a number to call whenever they receive your Pre in the mail.

All in all, its a smooth process unless you come across some hard-headed employee who's having a bad day. In general though it shouldn't take long at all.
    I can't speak for Sprint, but If I called verizon they would have a replacement phone delivered in 48 hours to my house, next-day if I pay a few bucks extra for rush shipping.

How do I know? I've broken me some phone, and had me a few bricks. Even had one shipped to a hotel I was heading for on a business trip so it was waiting for me on arrival.

I personally don't go to the phone store unless it is unavoidable. I buy from the carrier website, and I call 611 when I have a problem.

I don't know about Sprint, but the Verizon in-store technicians are 3rd party contractors. They are usually well trained and knowledge-able, but they have no latitude with policies to keep customers happy. The phone reps can escalate issues and do the right thing when needed.

My deductible was always $50. I better check my current coverage...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast