1.    #1  
    Subject pretty much covers my question. Is there anyway to keep google maps centered on my location while i'm driving down the road?
    I don't think it keps you centered exactly for that reason. Google warns you not to use it while driving.
    if you tap on the blue dot on the bottom of the screen when it has a lock that will center the dot up top that represents you and leave it there while the road moves up and down
    haha I was just typing that and forgot to come back to the card and hit send. I got a phone call lol..
  5.    #5  
    haha wow...worked perfectly. Not sure how I missed that function. Thanks for the help
    and you can use one of the no auto off patches if you want the pre to stay on.
  7.    #7  
    ah good call. I found one for no auto off while charging in pre ware, i'll probably go with that one after I get a touchstone linked up in my car.
    the no auto off while charging doesn't work w/ touchstone (if I remember correctly). I have a TS in my car and use the 'more standby times' patch and set it to 'never' when I want to use google maps in the car. It would be nice if someone could make a patch that tells the Pre NOT to turn off when google maps is running and the phone is on the TS....but I don't think anyone has requested such a patch.
  9. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    There is an app called No-Doze that works great. Just launch and leave the card running and it will never turn off. I use it with Google Maps on my TS in the car all the time.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    Awesome, i'll have to try these out. Thanks again for the help and tips