Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    hey everyone. My girl's two-day old Pre bought from Verizon is having some intense Oreo and flaps around when the slider is open, causing a horrible loud clicking sound. Is there any way for Verizon to replace for free? I called in and the rep said I'll have to pay some recycling fee and some other charge, ballpark total is around 50 bucks!

any help or input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I don't have much experience with how Verizon handles things, but that's usually how they work. They throw in a decent amount of fees in there. What kind of twisting are we talking about here? Pictures?

You might be able to talk them out of the fees. Try searching around their Customer Support website as well. You could also send Palm a try as a last resort, but expect a long wait period without your Pre.

Maybe someone else can shed some more light on Verizon.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fairseven View Post
    hey everyone. My girl's two-day old Pre bought from Verizon is having some intense Oreo and flaps around when the slider is open, causing a horrible loud clicking sound. Is there any way for Verizon to replace for free? I called in and the rep said I'll have to pay some recycling fee and some other charge, ballpark total is around 50 bucks!

if you bought it new from Verizon (as you say 2 days old) just take it back and they will give you a new one (your within their 30 days) go to a corperate store not some Verizon dealer. Or call customer service and they will ship you a new phone in 1 to 2 days. My first Pre Plus Fried big time! and they replaced no questions ask.
    ive got the same thing going on... even with a plastic body case its oreo-ing and i started noticing some decently loud clicking today. I will be going to verizon tomorrow.

I know in the past if you have probs with phone and its under warranty (1 year) they will replace it for free (it may be a refurb) but as long as there is no water damage or physical damage you are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by fairseven View Post

If its new they will replace it no problem and no question's asked the very first time you need to replace it. That's what I did but will give you a hard time for the 3rd or after that.