1.    #1  
    I tried to connect my Pre Plus to my Xbox to watcch some videos and look at photos but I couldn't get it to work. I tried tapping "media drive" but the Xbox didn't recogonize the Pre at all.

Has anyone found a workaround to this?
    Have you updated to the current version of the 360?
    USB drive or Media Sync???
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    either way it doesnt recognize it..
    This was always the case with the Pre. Just get a cheap usb drive man.
    maybe a patch or app would help this? It would be sick to be able to listen to music while I'm playing mw2 with my pre when my buddy takes his ipod... Even better to be able to do it with pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    maybe a patch or app would help this? It would be sick to be able to listen to music while I'm playing mw2 with my pre when my buddy takes his ipod... Even better to be able to do it with pandora.
    not really when you consider the fact that when you plug your pre in as a usb device the phone functions stop working. So you would miss texts/calls when you use it like that. I wish it would work like my old wm phone you could plug it in to sync and use as a flash drive, but not with the pre. It's either use the phone or use the flash drive part...
  8.    #8  
    Yes I'm running the lastest dashboard... I have an extra drive but it would be nice ti be able to use my Pre...

Hopefully someone can make a patch for it, even though it's probably a prroblem with the Xbox and not the Pre.
    I believe that in order for the xbox 360 to recognize the drive, it has to be formated to FAT 32 file system. So does the PS3
  10.    #10  
    Looks like I'm stuck with using flash drrives... No biggie

Thanks for all of the iinput.
    i was wonderin bout this same issue, i was wanting to run the tether mobile hotspot thru the usb to my xbox for xbox live....is the only solution for this is gettin a wireless wifi adapter for xbox 360?
    yes or you can connect a laptop to the 360 and use the laptop as a kind of wifi antenna (not sure all the details but one of my friends set it up on his 360)
  13.    #13  
    Do you think the speeds wpuld be high enough for smooth online play?
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I believe that in order for the xbox 360 to recognize the drive, it has to be formated to FAT 32 file system. So does the PS3
    Yup.. my NTSF formatted WD passport won't be recognized by my xbox 360 because of this.