Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Crap guys, i broke my pre and dont know how it happend, touch screen only works on 3/4's of the phone
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xcaliburpcs; 04/06/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    I don't see the problem, but....are you using your phone as an ashtray?
    I'll be honest: I can't really tell what's going on in those pictures.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by xcaliburpcs View Post
    Crap guys, i broke my pre and dont know how it happend, touch screen only works on 3/4's of the phone
    do you have the 800 kernel installed ?? if so uninstall it and reboot and see if that still does not work ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I don't see the problem, but....are you using your phone as an ashtray?
    In his first picture I see a crack along the bottom.

Coincidentally I too cracked my screen in that general area this morning when I dropped it and in an attempt to save it, I actually ended up increasing its velocity to the thinly carpeted floor. It's survived so many regular falls but not a body slam
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  6.    #6  
    the touchscreen just stopped working, the crack got bigger, im thinking its the digitizer, as the screen looks good, oh and no, i have dropped the pre so many times, but this time I did not drop it
    Quote Originally Posted by xcaliburpcs View Post
    the touchscreen just stopped working, the crack got bigger, im thinking its the digitizer, as the screen looks good, oh and no, i have dropped the pre so many times, but this time I did not drop it
    hope you have the insurance on that phone lol if the screen is broke its your fault lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    yeah theres a crack in the the middle, it grew and now the touchscreen doesnt work
    Do you have insurance?
  10.    #10  
    nope, no insurance, bought it off craigslist about 2 months after it came out, had a bad esn and I flashed it to verizon back then, heres more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    whatever camera youre using, it's horrible.
    hahahaha
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Are you even looking at these pictures before you upload them? A lot of blur.
    Probably another PRE!!! lol. the pre camera sucks close... and under less than great lighting conditions. BUT thats not why we all bought it either (bc of the camera)
  15.    #15  
    its not the camera, its because you can only see the crack at an angle, and the focus is not that good. The crack got worst, now I cant use the touch screen and is slowing my phone down as it believes that the screen is being touched.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Pro Tip: If they are no outward signs of serious physical drop damage take it into your Sprint store and have them order you a replacement under warranty. I see broken Pre touchscreens on a fairly regular basis and it's likely that a Sprint tech will have seen it too and will say "I'll order you a new one, move along now."

Report your results
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    You should go into your local store and throw the Pre at the first persons head you see.
    That is excellent advice
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    If you have no insurance you can get a new screen here ....Palm Pre Repair | Palm Pre Lcd | Broken | Fix | Repairs runs about $135 you repair it $155 they repair it...
    Good luck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast