Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    So, i just dropped by the Sprint store after calling Palm over my power button. Basically, the power button turns the phone on but i have to push it down hard to get it to turn the phone on, its feels like a workout . So, first, i called up Palm and they told me to take it to the nearest Sprint store and i can get it fixed. I get to the Sprint store, the tech guy basically gives me a "we are not allowed to touch or open Palm phones, but we can get you a replacement phone". I recently just got a replacement phone about a few weeks back and i was just starting to apply all the patches and mods back again, and now they want to send me another replacement phone. I read the thread about the stuck power button and i was just curious if its safer for me to just fix the issue myself. Im not sure as to what to use to pop the power button off, how much force i should apply or how i should go about the whole thing, hence im asking for a help here. I really dont want to get yet another replacement and then i have to install all the mods again . Hopefully, someone understands my issue here. I cant take the fact that i have to push hard to the power button inorder for it to turn the screen back on
  2. #2  
    I just had my Pre fixed yesterday for the same reason. Dropped it off at a Sprint Corporate repair store here in Columbus, Ohio and they had it fixed in about an hour and a half. They didn't question, just fixed it and said if I had any other issues to stop by any time. They even tightened up the slider mechanism a bit to minimize the old "oreo effect". I've had my Pre since August and haven't had any issues other than this. While...I take that back issues with hardware. I've bricked the phone a few times playing with code...but that's to be expected.
  3. #3  
    Thats the same reason why I took my pre back to Best Buy to get fixed. I tried to fix mine, but could not seem to get it done. I followed the instructions here: 9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup Check out number #9
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  4. #4  
    I had the same response when I took my phone in to have the slider tightened. The tech told me they are not allowed to open the Pre. I received a replacement phone. Truly amazing.
  5. df2656's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #5  
    I had this happen too. I found out that Sprint store that I was at was not a Sprint store, but a Sprint authorized dealer. I then went to a true (corporate) Sprint store and the tech fixed my power button in 5 minutes.
  6. #6  
    Yep sprint can't fix.. only replacements. One tech guy was saying even if you have no real issue .. they still can't diagnose it there and have to just take your word on it.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  7.    #7  
    Update: I called Sprint and the service rep told me that i didnt go to a sprint corporate store. Only corporate stores can fix it. So, she's giving me an address to a Sprint Corporate store. But i need insurance inorder to have them look at it. Sprint is such a joke. Why would i get insurance on a phone that has a 1 year warranty...Sounds damn stupid to me.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Update: I called Sprint and the service rep told me that i didnt go to a sprint corporate store. Only corporate stores can fix it. So, she's giving me an address to a Sprint Corporate store. But i need insurance inorder to have them look at it. Sprint is such a joke. Why would i get insurance on a phone that has a 1 year warranty...Sounds damn stupid to me.
    I think you just called a lot of people stupid.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Update: I called Sprint and the service rep told me that i didnt go to a sprint corporate store. Only corporate stores can fix it. So, she's giving me an address to a Sprint Corporate store. But i need insurance inorder to have them look at it. Sprint is such a joke. Why would i get insurance on a phone that has a 1 year warranty...Sounds damn stupid to me.
    ARGH, THEY ARE SO UNINFORMED AND ANNOYING!!! So I wanted to have my phone's signal tested and I went on the Sprint website to find the nearest repair center. Called them and they said they don't have the machine to run the test (but they're a repair center, ***?!!!).

    So I call Sprint. I ask Sprint, "Can you give me a place that has the ability to diagnose my phone?" They give me the place I just called! I'm like, "Dude, no, already tried it." So they tell me to call again. I call again and they're all, "We only have repair technicians!" I'm like...okay. They weren't really an official SprintReady store. So I go back to the website. I look for the SprintReady store. I call them - "We only have repair technicians!"

    So I'm lolzing at this thread of repair techs who can't do anything, I guess all those repair stores are full of crap.
  10.    #10  
    Does anyone know what i can use to pop the power button off? I dont want to break something. I was going to use my pocket knife to edge it out. Then i thought of a table knife and the a paper clip and a tooth pick. It will be alot easier if things weren't so difficult. I bought the phone from the Sprint Store. Now, the same Sprint Store doesnt even touch the phone. And you're right Malpha. They are full of crap!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    So, i just dropped by the Sprint store after calling Palm over my power button. Basically, the power button turns the phone on but i have to push it down hard to get it to turn the phone on, its feels like a workout . So, first, i called up Palm and they told me to take it to the nearest Sprint store and i can get it fixed. I get to the Sprint store, the tech guy basically gives me a "we are not allowed to touch or open Palm phones, but we can get you a replacement phone". I recently just got a replacement phone about a few weeks back and i was just starting to apply all the patches and mods back again, and now they want to send me another replacement phone. I read the thread about the stuck power button and i was just curious if its safer for me to just fix the issue myself. Im not sure as to what to use to pop the power button off, how much force i should apply or how i should go about the whole thing, hence im asking for a help here. I really dont want to get yet another replacement and then i have to install all the mods again . Hopefully, someone understands my issue here. I cant take the fact that i have to push hard to the power button inorder for it to turn the screen back on
    call sprint on the phone *2 and ask them why sprint stores are not allowed to work on the palm phones . first they will ask if its a sprint repair store then they will tell you that the sprint repair stores are supposed to work on them and then will ask you exactly which store said they can not work on them and tell you to bring it back to that store.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    call sprint on the phone *2 and ask them why sprint stores are not allowed to work on the palm phones . first they will ask if its a sprint repair store then they will tell you that the sprint repair stores are supposed to work on them and then will ask you exactly which store said they can not work on them and tell you to bring it back to that store.
    They told me all that. But I don't understand why I have to pay for insurance when I have a 1 year warranty on the phone anyway. I know I'm not going to drop it as much or get it stolen. I don't need insurance.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    They told me all that. But I don't understand why I have to pay for insurance when I have a 1 year warranty on the phone anyway. I know I'm not going to drop it as much or get it stolen. I don't need insurance.
    the warranty covers factory defects,and the insurance covers your actions that cause the phone to break. and you say nothing about having to pay insurance in your first post?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  14. #14  
    ok i see your second post now ! call sprint and ask for retentions and explain everything to them and see where that gets you . but be nice to the person on the other end of the phone please! if not you may not get anywhere real quick . its up to you.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #15  
    Thanks Shadavis!
    I'm also nice !
  16. #16  
    it not too hard to pop off. A paper clip is probably one of your "safer" option i ve used my finger it's a pretty simple button. I cut a sliver of rubberband to cushin it feels firm but not a work out
  17. #17  
    thats good jason lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #18  
    I have had my phone apart at least 3 times just today while debugging something. the best way to get the thing out is just use a fingernail. it has plenty of flex on one side volume down side. dont pull from the volume up side as the tab is larger.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    I have had my phone apart at least 3 times just today while debugging something. the best way to get the thing out is just use a fingernail. it has plenty of flex on one side volume down side. dont pull from the volume up side as the tab is larger.
    power button not volume !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    power button not volume !
    haha my mistake I misread that. i've had my volume fail a few times on me so it popped in my head quick. not sure about the power button its in their pretty good even with just the ribbon on the table. i'm surprised people are able to get them out at all lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions