1.    #1  
    Basically whenever I touch the screen it doesnt work. The screen is fine there are not cracks or anything on it. I can even open up other cards through the keyboard. I know my phone isnt frozen because when i push the buttons it works. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by omeg12121293 View Post
    Basically whenever I touch the screen it doesnt work. The screen is fine there are not cracks or anything on it. I can even open up other cards through the keyboard. I know my phone isnt frozen because when i push the buttons it works. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this?
    many things could be going on....1st try and c if u can clean ur screen...if that doesnt work then pull the battery and turn it on again...come back to me and c if i helped u
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    many things could be going on....1st try and c if u can clean ur screen...if that doesnt work then pull the battery and turn it on again...come back to me and c if i helped u
    screen is clean and not dirty. I just got this phone like a week ago. I turned it off by pulling out the battery and also soft reseted it and still doesnt work. So then I just did a hard reset stupidly like 2 min ago and the screen still doesnt work so I cant even put in my palm profile in. I think the only thing i can do is take it to the sprint store unless anyone else has any other suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by omeg12121293 View Post
    screen is clean and not dirty. I just got this phone like a week ago. I turned it off by pulling out the battery and also soft reseted it and still doesnt work. So then I just did a hard reset stupidly like 2 min ago and the screen still doesnt work so I cant even put in my palm profile in. I think the only thing i can do is take it to the sprint store unless anyone else has any other suggestions.
    yeah take it back to sprint
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

step 1: remove battery, place back in and reboot.
    step 2: doctor your pre if 1 doesn't work
    step 3: replace battery if 2 doesn't work
    step 4: replace pre if 3 doesn't work
    it is more then likely the digitizer which is the hardest part to fix on this phone. They sell for about 40$ but more then likely doing it yourself you'll break the LCD which will cost another 60$.
    I'm fixing my Pre and will be taking pictures of how to do this.

I bought mine of ebay with no warranty but if you have one, Don't hesitate to take it back. I would of already switched it before I wrote anything on here.
  7.    #7  
    wow this is really sad. So i bought my pre from radioshack like two weeks ago and i took it back expecting a new one cause its less than 30 days and they said they sent all the pres back to the warehouse. It wasnt only this radioshack it was all of them, from princeton (nj
    ) to newark (NJ). I called over 20 and the radioshack employees looked in the system and nobody had one. So i just returned the phone and am using my nifty samsung sph-m320 (dirty flip phone my friend gave) till a new phone cames for palm which hopfully is this summer.
  8.    #8  
    and also i forgot to mention when i tried to return the phone the sales person was trying to sell my a htc hero. I was like really a hero out of all the phones you have
    I had the same issue with my touch screen after 6 months of no problems with my phone and the only way I could get it to work was to plug in a charger or data cable into the port and it would work??? No idea why but it did. My local Sprint store swapped my phone with one they had, ordered a replacement for it and will keep the replacement for their own.
    my palm pre experienced the same problem with the touch screen freezing. the key pad would work but i could not answer my phone or hang up most of the time. i went through a full erase, soft reboots, battery removal and all, and the screen would still freeze up after a few seconds. sometimes if the phone was shaken, the touch screen would work for a few seconds before freezing up. finally a new phone is being shipped to me via my phone insurance. this has been a painful experience.
    the lower right portion of my touchscreen will sometimes not work for me for a little while and then it usually comes back without a reboot. Seems like something with the phone gets hung up and then all the processes finally catch up and it's back to normal....just another day in the life with my Pre.
    For me whenever it happens I can fix it by doing an upswipe from the gesturearea - it switches to cardview or the launcher comes up and the touchscreen is back
    Only happend a few times in total in almost 6 months though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    For me whenever it happens I can fix it by doing an upswipe from the gesturearea - it switches to cardview or the launcher comes up and the touchscreen is back
    Only happend a few times in total in almost 6 months though.
    same here so that's how I get to my app pages but the lower right portion of the screen will remain unresponsive (or sometimes severely delayed)...usually at a very inconvenient time.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to activate USB mode without the touchscreen?

I was having a pretty good Pre (Sprint regular model) for almost a year, and glad to have it instead of the Pre Plus as I like the LED blinking when there is a message. Then a few days ago after being plugged into the laptop to charge, the touchscreen died. I called Sprint immediately, and they sent me a new one, but not in time to get it before I went on vacation.

At first, a light tap against the table over the cable port fixed it. Since yesterday morning though, nothing fixes it. Unfortunately I can't even plug it into the laptop to copy the Zip file backup of everything I made with the Homebrew backup app two nights ago.

If I could at least activate USB mode, I'd be in good shape and not lose everything. Without that, I am going to have a heck of a time restoring anything that Palm doesn't have in their profile, which is probably most things, and certainly not all my medical PDF documents.

PS - I've already taken the battery out, etc (it's the only way to turn it off now, if not connected to laptop.) Keyboard and phone app still work. Just not the touch capability of the screen. Display is normal.

thanks for any help!
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 06/18/2010 at 05:38 PM.
    SYM + ORANGE + U will activate USB mode