1.    #1  
    While pondering my current situation with Best Buy and the repair of my Sprint Pre, I came up with a question.

If you have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus, did you buy it at Best Buy, and did you get the Best Buy Black Tie Protection?

If you do have the black tie, have you had to take your pre back to Best Buy because it stopped working?

Did your Palm Pre Plus qualify for a Rapid Replacement?

Thanks!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I bought my Verizon Pre Plus several weeks ago at a Best Buy. I'm not sure what it's called, but I purchased a $9.99/mo protection plan where they will replace my phone for a brand new one for any issues (except if lost or stolen). I specifically asked if I would be getting refurbished models, and the rep said no. I also asked if I would have to give my phone to them to be fixed, they said no.. it would be replaced with a brand new phone on the spot (if available).
    2G iPhone -> BB 8530 -> Pre Plus
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch4 View Post
    I bought my Verizon Pre Plus several weeks ago at a Best Buy. I'm not sure what it's called, but I purchased a $9.99/mo protection plan where they will replace my phone for a brand new one for any issues (except if lost or stolen). I specifically asked if I would be getting refurbished models, and the rep said no. I also asked if I would have to give my phone to them to be fixed, they said no.. it would be replaced with a brand new phone on the spot (if available).
    Yeah. That sound like what I have heard. Out of curiosity, what area of the country are you from?

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I did not get the insurance. I rarely have had to use any insurance I ever bought. Plus I find that Verizon is very good at replacing broken phones, even after the warranty period is over. thorne
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Yeah. That sound like what I have heard. Out of curiosity, what area of the country are you from?
    NYC
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I got the black tie service and went in this weekend to get a replacement because of the double typing and they told me they would have to send it in for repair and give a voice only phone as a loaner, would take up to 7 days! When I purchased the guy told me I would get instant replacement and then I go back 30 days later and he said they changed the policy! I was ****ed! I bought my wife a pixi at verizon, man I am still mad at best buy.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I did not get the insurance. I rarely have had to use any insurance I ever bought. Plus I find that Verizon is very good at replacing broken phones, even after the warranty period is over. thorne
    That's true.. I had similar experiences with Verizon way back. But the kicker that led me to purchase the Best Buy plan was:

"We will replace your phone with the same one. If the phone has been replaced with a newer version, we will give you the newer version of the phone"

Pre 2? But I think BB would have to have run out of stock of the older phone before they can issuer the newer phone.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    I got the black tie service and went in this weekend to get a replacement because of the double typing and they told me they would have to send it in for repair and give a voice only phone as a loaner, would take up to 7 days! When I purchased the guy told me I would get instant replacement and then I go back 30 days later and he said they changed the policy! I was ****ed! I bought my wife a pixi at verizon, man I am still mad at best buy.

Sounds to me like Best Buy may be trying to play a little bait and switch. I think i'm going to stick to buying at Sprint stores and keeping my Sprint insurance....

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepr View Post
    Oh man, that sucks. I think I may have to stop by my BB store later and find out.. Thanks for letting us know
    Quote Originally Posted by scratch4 View Post
    That's true.. I had similar experiences with Verizon way back. But the kicker that led me to purchase the Best Buy plan was:

"We will replace your phone with the same one. If the phone has been replaced with a newer version, we will give you the newer version of the phone"

Pre 2? But I think BB would have to have run out of stock of the older phone before they can issuer the newer phone.
    By the way, they will only replace it ONCE... Be sure you read the fine print...