Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    damn i think it may be time for me to get out of my BB plan before something bad happens to my pre. This thread has got me shook
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  2. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #22  
    My experience with Best Buy's protection plan was great. In fact, I was so happy that I made a thread about it. Of course, a complaint thread always gets much more attention than one making a compliment.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...o-refurbs.html
  3. #23  
    You can still buy the phone as BB and add Sprint insurance. It's what I did just for the instant rebate.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Cantaffordit,

    The only reason that I bought my Pre at Best Buy (on launch day) was that they were offering the $100 instant rebate, instead of the mail-in rebate that Sprint stores made you go through. Now, I do not think that it was worth all of the hassle that I have been through. I'm going to just save up the extra money next time, and buy my next Palm device at a Sprint Store. (Hopefully Sprint will do away with the mail-in-rebate sooner or later)
    Thanks for the answers. Verizon usually eliminates the "rebates" for phones purchased directly from their website, and that's another reason why I always buy them on-line.

    It seems like Best-Buy is great for things that don't require support or service (like a TV) but retailers in general don't seem to be able to handle cell phones.

    Does Sprint price differently on their web-site than they do in a Sprint store?

    I paid $149 for my Pre+, the Verizon stores were selling it for $249 and a $100 rebate. I agree that rebates are a pain in the neck (although Verizon rebates have always been pretty quick on the past).

    When I have needed a replacement (for Treo and Centro I had before), they fedex'd it to me and provide a return shipping label for the old one. The only time I go in to the giant Verizon store nearby is when I want to do some hands-on comparisons. And the Verison reps didn't have a CLUE how to use the Pre. So I called Verizon support, and asked for a Tier-3 specialist that really knows about the Pre. And that guy was a genius. He answered all my questions from his vast history of Palm Treos, so he knew where I was coming from and helped me get over the concerns I had from all the hating I had read about the Pre+. And I love my phone. Other than Apple, who has customers that say they "love" their phone? And who has users that create stuff like the 800mhz kernal, WebOS-Internals, Preware, etc on a volunteer basis and just give it to users - hoping only to recover some of their costs if we "donate" out of appreciation.

    Anyway, that was a bit of a bunny trail. My point is that if Sprint does things the way Verizon does (and I don't know if they do) then buying on line and calling tech support makes sooooo much more sense than buying from a Radio Shack or Best Buy and then depending on the "Nerd Herd" and an overpriced extended warranty.

    I almost switched to Sprint because I wanted to try the Pre last fall, but I didn't because Sprint didn't offer a tethering plan. That is an essential feature for my work. Back then I hadn't heard of "MyTether" so I didn't realize I had options. And so I waited almost 6 months for Verizon. And the extra $100 I paid in Feb vs what they are charging now? I easily got $100 of entertainment value in that time. And I've spent WAY more on accessories and App Catalog stuff than I paid for the hardware...

    I'd be interested in whether the Sprint online store works like Verizon (no rebates, on-line specials, etc.) I mght be tempted to try Sprint when they launch their next WebOS phone...
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 04/06/2010 at 08:35 PM.
  5. #25  
    Question for OP.

    Did Best Buy give you something else to use while they fix your phone? If you've been living without a phone for that long, I would expect the carrier wouldn't charge you for that month of usage. I'd also expect that NO ONE would ever buy a phone from them if they lost the use of something as essential as their phone (a camera or dvd player can wait, but a phone?) and certainly it makes the Black Tie service seem like nothing more than an expense way to pay for shipping it to repair... Heck, you could have gotten a warranty replacement from Palm faster than that.

    Have you been without a phone this whole time?
  6. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Question for OP.

    Did Best Buy give you something else to use while they fix your phone? If you've been living without a phone for that long, I would expect the carrier wouldn't charge you for that month of usage. I'd also expect that NO ONE would ever buy a phone from them if they lost the use of something as essential as their phone (a camera or dvd player can wait, but a phone?) and certainly it makes the Black Tie service seem like nothing more than an expense way to pay for shipping it to repair... Heck, you could have gotten a warranty replacement from Palm faster than that.

    Have you been without a phone this whole time?
    Best Buy has loaners available if you put down a $150 deposit, but they are just feature phones. I didn't need a loaner because I had a couple old phones laying around. However, I wanted to give Android a try so I bought a Moment on Ebay. I am actually still using the Moment and the brand new replacement Pre I got from BB is still sitting in the box.
  7. mellisnj's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #27  
    Everyone I know that had to use their Best Buy insurance... Horror story 2 months with loaner phone. Come on seriously its ridiculous.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Question for OP.

    Did Best Buy give you something else to use while they fix your phone? If you've been living without a phone for that long, I would expect the carrier wouldn't charge you for that month of usage. I'd also expect that NO ONE would ever buy a phone from them if they lost the use of something as essential as their phone (a camera or dvd player can wait, but a phone?) and certainly it makes the Black Tie service seem like nothing more than an expense way to pay for shipping it to repair... Heck, you could have gotten a warranty replacement from Palm faster than that.

    Have you been without a phone this whole time?

    Luckily, I have not been without a phone this whole time. It almost feels like it though.

    Like it was said before, Best Buy give you a loaner feature phone for a $150 deposit.

    I had a working Samsung Instinct (dont get me started on that POS). It still works, most of the time, so it is usable, and I didnt have to pay the deposit for a loaner.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  9.    #29  
    Boo. Best buy still has my Pre and will not tell me anything else about how the repair is going.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  10. #30  
    IDK about this BB repare plan. I dropped mine off on 4/5/10. Today is 4/10/10 and when I check the status online it shows:

    Date Time Status Description
    04/05/10 8:19pm Checked In Product has been checked in and is awaiting shipment

    If I'm reading this right, my Pre is still at the store I dropped it off at and hasn't moved. ***? 5 days and they still have not sent it off? Or is this a normal glitch in thier system/status updates?

    EDIT: Also just realized I forgot to back up my saved data for "Let's Golf"
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK about this BB repare plan. I dropped mine off on 4/5/10. Today is 4/10/10 and when I check the status online it shows:

    Date Time Status Description
    04/05/10 8:19pm Checked In Product has been checked in and is awaiting shipment

    If I'm reading this right, my Pre is still at the store I dropped it off at and hasn't moved. ***? 5 days and they still have not sent it off? Or is this a normal glitch in thier system/status updates?

    EDIT: Also just realized I forgot to back up my saved data for "Let's Golf"

    According to my Service Info online, it took 11 days from the time i dropped my phone off at my Best buy until the time it was actually received by the repair facility.

    Also, if you rant enough about it on twitter, you can get some action. I've been complaining a lot on Twitter about how i really feel like i'm totally out of the loop on how the repair is going. I got contacted by someone up higher in Best Buy's customer service group. I've emailed them about my situation, and hopefully I'll get some traction on my issue this way. All other paths seem to have led nowhere.

    Major Best Buy Fail!!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  12.    #32  
    Still no response from Best Buy. Day 24. and no pre....
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  13.    #33  
    Finally got some traction on this issue. Took long enough. It took an email to Best Buy Corporate. Finally someone else agreed with me that they were taking altogether to long to fix or replace my pre. Corporate talked to the Best Buy Mobile Mgr at my local store, and all I have to do is go in tonight and a new Palm Pre will be mine. I'll be back and running in no time!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  14.    #34  
    I forgot to tell everyone that I have a brand new phone
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Best Buy has loaners available if you put down a $150 deposit, but they are just feature phones. I didn't need a loaner because I had a couple old phones laying around. However, I wanted to give Android a try so I bought a Moment on Ebay. I am actually still using the Moment and the brand new replacement Pre I got from BB is still sitting in the box.
    I'm on Day 10 without my Pre...it took Best Buy nearly a week to ship the damn thing off to their repair center and still no word on when it will be back. I was given a loaner phone without a deposit though...that's the first I've ever heard of that...I will probably be canceling my BT Protection after I get this one back. Being this long without my Pre is just ridiculous.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mellisnj View Post
    Everyone I know that had to use their Best Buy insurance... Horror story 2 months with loaner phone. Come on seriously its ridiculous.
    I just got mine back from Bestbuy after waiting a few days short of 3 months!!! The only notes about what was wrong was: "Repaired back to factory specifications". Absolutely unacceptable. I'm dropping my "Black Tie Service" pronto.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiscboy_2003 View Post
    I just got mine back from Bestbuy after waiting a few days short of 3 months!!! The only notes about what was wrong was: "Repaired back to factory specifications". Absolutely unacceptable. I'm dropping my "Black Tie Service" pronto.
    Not only that, but the whole process of getting my loaner returned and my pre back in my hands took over an hour once I arrived at the GeekSquad counter. On the plus side, I got them to give me a gift card for the 3 months of BlackTie Service that I wasn't able to benefit from while my pre was away.
  18.    #38  
    Glad to hear that you got yours back. Sucks that it took so long....
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

    I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
  19. #39  
    Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. I myself got signed onto Sprint's insurance by accident (the support lady read my Best Buy replacement as a new device owned less than 30 days...), so I canceled Best Buy's insurance, too.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  20. #40  
    I dropped mine of at BB on April 5. Sheet they gave me said it would be ready by April 17. Didn't get it back till May 11. Every couple of days I would check the status online and all it would say is "received". Every time I called, they told me it wouldn't be ready until at least 30 days. Looks like they were right.... 4/5 to 5/11 = 35 days of agony on my old Treo
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions