1.    #1  
    i have webos1.4.1 and since about the 1.4 updatre it will randomly turn off about 2 to 4 times a day... i was wondering if i should doctor it or erase apps and data and what both of these entitle. Do i keep my apps that i have paid for when doing either of these?

thanks
  2.    #2  
    k i cant do like anything now without it shutting off. make that like 4 times in the last hour its done this
    Check out this post from a palm tech...not an immediate solution...but will help them to address the prob better

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2362806
    You'll be able to re-download the apps if you doctor it. If you doctor it and that doesn't fix it, I would go talk to Sprint or Palm about getting a replacement since you're still under warranty.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I would try Jason's Repair Utility first. See if it finds any errors that need to be fixed. If that doesn't work, a Dr's appointment probably is the next step. Good Luck!
    I had this problem with about 3 of my Pres. Just get it replaced under warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I would try Jason's Repair Utility first. See if it finds any errors that need to be fixed. If that doesn't work, a Dr's appointment probably is the next step. Good Luck!
    I've read several posts using that...is it in preware? I couldn't find it. Easy to use?
    it's in the homebrew section in these forums, just makesure you have the same doctor version as your phone.

and if you can use a pre, you sure as hell can use this program.

as for re-downloading apps, it sounds pretty stupid to pay for already paid apps right? N if it were like that this forums would be posted or whiners all day. So no you don't have to pay to re-download apps, just have to re-download it again after doctoring.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Go to forums> WebOS developer forums> Canuck Software> WebOS Repair Utility v2.01. http://m.forums.precentral.net/canuc...y-v2-01-a.html I tryed to copy/paste from my Pre, so I don't know if the link will work!
    If it was a hardware issue, try sticking a piece of tissue underneath the battery.
    I've been getting reset issues also, but mostly when I am waking up my phone through the unlock screen or sliding it open. I found patience to be the best choice. It was annoying at first, but when it happens, just let it sit for a few seconds and it'll load up. I've actually not had the problem since I've done this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedizike View Post
    i have webos1.4.1 and since about the 1.4 updatre it will randomly turn off about 2 to 4 times a day... i was wondering if i should doctor it or erase apps and data and what both of these entitle. Do i keep my apps that i have paid for when doing either of these?

thanks
    There is a good chance your battery is losing contact, which will cause random restarts.
    Place a small piece of thick tape at the top of the battery compartment right underneath the battery puller. This should solve the problem.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    The battery issue is true. All my batterys have electrical tape on the top. Fixes the issue and is the same color as the battery.
    If you do a Partial Reset, you won't have to pay for the apps again. You my have to go to the app catalog to reinstall them however. BTW have you tried doing the Quick tests in device info?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation