Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. rukhan1989's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey guys, I was gonna replace my pre using the limited warranty. I wanted to know how can I do that. I know I have to call them but what do I tell them. The reason I want to do that is cuz I heard many users here like the new pre since its more clickier and it has a better slider. Also when I do get the replacement pre, I have many paid apps, how can I put those apps from my old pre to the new pre. Is there even a way to do that?
    And I just want to have that new Pre feeling again!
    Last edited by rukhan1989; 04/06/2010 at 01:06 PM.
  2. #2  
    Aren't your paid apps. backed up on your profile and when you sign in under your profile on your new phone it will automatically download the apps?
  3. rukhan1989's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
       #3  
    Yeah. so you're saying i dont have to worry bout the paid apps being lost even when I sign in a new pre?
  4. #4  
    More clickier. Heh heh heh.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  5. #5  
    Paid apps are easy -- they are stored in your profile and re-downloaded automatically.

    The problem comes with Homebrews and Patches. Those you have to manually do (although the webOS Internals gurus are working on that too).

    You will also lose your text messages, contact links,etc. Those you have to backup yourself if you want them.

    You will also need to manually backup your USB data (photos, videos, etc.).
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rukhan1989 View Post
    Hey guys, I was gonna replace my pre using the limited warranty. I wanted to know how can I do that. I know I have to call them but what do I tell them. The reason I want to do that is cuz I heard many users here like the new pre since its more clickier and it has a better slider. Also when I do get the replacement pre, I have many paid apps, how can I put those apps from my old pre to the new pre. Is there even a way to do that?
    And I just want to have that new Pre feeling again!
    If you have insurance (Sprint TEP), just call Assurion and make a claim...it's only $100 deductable.

    Other than that, unless your hardware is malfunctioning Sprint will not replace your device "just because"....and then you'll be given a refurbished unit (from Sprint most likely; Assurion definately). Refurbs are hit-and-miss, too. You may end up with soemthing worse than you have in hand now.
  7. #7  
    ur trying for find a reason to consider your pre defective for a clickier one. Nice one. Chances are you will get a refurb pre, hopefully that will be more clickier than the one you got.
  8. #8  
    You could load the dev patch the totally locks down and shuts off all the phone radios... then uninstall preware... they will try to reset the phone, but the patch may or may not be so resillient. Then they will just swap it. Kind of unethical- but also I agree with Milenko... you could shoot yourself in the foot and end up with more oreo... or dead pixels which plague some of the refurb inventory. My last one I was lucky and got one that was all but flawless... just a few dead pixels around the edge.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    You could load the dev patch the totally locks down and shuts off all the phone radios... then uninstall preware... they will try to reset the phone, but the patch may or may not be so resillient. Then they will just swap it. Kind of unethical- but also I agree with Milenko... you could shoot yourself in the foot and end up with more oreo... or dead pixels which plague some of the refurb inventory. My last one I was lucky and got one that was all but flawless... just a few dead pixels around the edge.
    I have a feeling if the OP wants a "clickier" one...he's going to end up posting a "So long Palm..." post in a few months because of the 5 refurbs and poor build quality complaints.

    OP...if all else works fine...do not swap it out.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I have a feeling if the OP wants a "clickier" one...he's going to end up posting a "So long Palm..." post in a few months because of the 5 refurbs and poor build quality complaints.

    OP...if all else works fine...do not swap it out.
    "if it aint broken, dont fix it."

Posting Permissions