1.    #1  
    I have searched these...but can't find anything super current..

What is AUPT? How to run it/install it/whatever..

and..

Has anyone had success with haptic feedback in the Dialpad? That's the only patch I had that doesn't work currently..but it's SO important..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    AUPT isn't something you install or run. Read here forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/227163-aupt-auto-update-patch-technology.html

The patch may not be ported to 1.4.1(.1), the description of it should tell you so.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 04/06/2010 at 12:16 PM.
    Haptic dialpad works fine for me in 1.4.1. I added via WebOS QI.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    The patch I believe you are referring to is the "Enable Dialpad Vibration" patch, when your phone gets an update AUPT just makes it's easier by removing the patches then reinstalling the updated patches after the update. You have to physically open Preware and then hit the "update" button to reload the patches. This patch updated on Pre and is working fine (just tested it to make sure).
    How about the Haptic Feedack Manager patch. Anybody have an idea when that will be updated for 1.4.1.1 (Sprint). I miss it terribly!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The patch I believe you are referring to is the "Enable Dialpad Vibration" patch, when your phone gets an update AUPT just makes it's easier by removing the patches then reinstalling the updated patches after the update. You have to physically open Preware and then hit the "update" button to reload the patches. This patch updated on Pre and is working fine (just tested it to make sure).
    That's what I thought, but I cannot find a "Enable Dialpad Vibration" going through QI....I thought it was replaced by the Haptic Managers, but those aren't ready yet. Am I missing the Enable Dialpad Vibration somewhere?

On the AUPT...OH..so it should work automatically..when I go to Preware, under updates...?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    can we can a patch that keeps the dial tone and adds the haptic feedback? don't want to sacrifice one for the other.
  8.    #8  
    Grrr...I already had installed the Enable Dialpad Vibration...it just isn't working. Ima have to try uninstalling and reinstalling. There's nothing on the phone I have to check to get it to work, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    That's what I thought, but I cannot find a "Enable Dialpad Vibration" going through QI....I thought it was replaced by the Haptic Managers, but those aren't ready yet. Am I missing the Enable Dialpad Vibration somewhere?

On the AUPT...OH..so it should work automatically..when I go to Preware, under updates...?
    I installed it with Preware, not webOSQI, have you tried installing this way?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I installed it with Preware, not webOSQI, have you tried installing this way?
    omg I feel like such a bleeping *****. I found odd discrepancies between what QI showed installed, and what I saw on my phone.

Turns out...I HAD QI SET TO EMULATOR...

Wow...what a dumbs***. Now it works.

Thanks guys...sorry to waste your time over my stupidity..

Just to be clear on the AUPT, all that means is the updates show up in Preware when you run it, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    omg I feel like such a bleeping *****. I found odd discrepancies between what QI showed installed, and what I saw on my phone.

Turns out...I HAD QI SET TO EMULATOR...

Wow...what a dumbs***. Now it works.

Thanks guys...sorry to waste your time over my stupidity..

Just to be clear on the AUPT, all that means is the updates show up in Preware when you run it, yes?
    AUPT stands for "Auto Update Patch Technology", which means that everytime Palm realeases a WebOS update (like they just did with 1.4.1(.1)), you don't have to remove patches before updating your phone. After the WebOS update, you can just go to WOSQI or Preware and have them automatically update the patches without any issues.

However, many patches will need to be updated for the new WebOS update, so WOSQI or Preware will just install a "dummy" placeholder until the updated patch is available. (I think Preware & WOSQI will let you know whent it's available)

Simply, it eliminates the need for you to manually remove and reinstall all your patches every time Palm releases WebOS update.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    AUPT stands for "Auto Update Patch Technology", which means that everytime Palm realeases a WebOS update (like they just did with 1.4.1(.1)), you don't have to remove patches before updating your phone. After the WebOS update, you can just go to WOSQI or Preware and have them automatically update the patches without any issues.

However, many patches will need to be updated for the new WebOS update, so WOSQI or Preware will just install a "dummy" placeholder until the updated patch is available. (I think Preware & WOSQI will let you know whent it's available)

Simply, it eliminates the need for you to manually remove and reinstall all your patches every time Palm releases WebOS update.
    Awesome thank you! I was coming on here every day for months...staying on top of everything...got my pre completely customized and patched to high heaven...then in the past 2 months I slacked off..
    See what I get!?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it and it's really cool that someone can come here and get help with such small things.

God Bless!