Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WebOS of Verizion may have arrived!

The site claims that web OS has arrived for Verizon ..
    Has anyone seen a sighting???

Search for Gadget Talks of go to this site and search ...
    sparwasserhq.org/palm-webos

I don't have enough post yet to include a URL in my post
    Here is the link to which you referred. Palm webOS 1.4.1.1 update rolls out on Verizon handsets

I have NOT done any checking on the veracity of this, so regular asbestos disclaimers apply.
    "Honest to the point of recklessness; self-centered in the extreme."
    i'm running a update check and well let you know asap

Edit: Just shows Show updates for applications. if it's available it's not for everyone yet
    Last edited by Major Payne; 04/06/2010 at 11:47 AM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    mine just shows application updates as well
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    just another "application updates are available" followed by no available app updates
  6.    #6  
    OK ... perhaps just another FALSE ALARM! I just we just continue to wait! ...
    nothing here
    Nothing here either.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    nada
    Just checked again and nothing in Houston
    Nothing.
  12.    #12  
    Well ... I guess it's just ... hurry up and wait ... Verizon really cares about their subscribers ... so they just make them wait, and wait, and wait
    In Verizon's defense 90% of the time when they get updates they test the heck out of it before it gets to the customer
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  14.    #14  
    yes ... I've heard this many times ... yet I also hear of many Verizon customers that have bugs in their GPS app and with the keyboard.
    Perhaps they can balance out their extensive testing with getting the updates to the customer in a more timely fashion.

Are the Sprint updates inferior ... ? I don't see Sprint subscribers complaining. My coworker has a Sprint Palm Pre and he's loving the 1.4.1 ... even gloating a bit about the fact the verizon subscribers are still waiting ...
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    Here is the link to which you referred. Palm webOS 1.4.1.1 update rolls out on Verizon handsets

I have NOT done any checking on the veracity of this, so regular asbestos disclaimers apply.
    It says -
    We’ll keep this one brief because the nights coming to an end and the update we’re talking about is pretty light weight — but if you’re rocking a Verizon webOS phone, go pound the update button a few times. WebOS 1.4.1.1 is now available.

The update has been available around the world and on Sprint handsets in the US for about a week now. Don’t get too jealous over the delays though; from what we’ve been hearing, this update is about as small as can be. A bug fix or two here, a wording change there.
    I thought the Sprint update happened yesterday (4/5) not a week ago? I wonder what there source of information is - it seems from what I have read it is a bit more than "a wording change"
    Sprint had its update done a week ago or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    It says -
    I thought the Sprint update happened yesterday (4/5) not a week ago? I wonder what there source of information is - it seems from what I have read it is a bit more than "a wording change"

no the other 1.4.1 updates - sprint - bell etc started showing up 3/31
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kajun58 View Post
    Well ... I guess it's just ... hurry up and wait ... Verizon really cares about their subscribers ... so they just make them wait, and wait, and wait
    You would be glad if the reason they're making you wait is because they're testing as thoroughly as they can. thorne
    release notes will appear on palm support site when it is released.
    I have no problems waiting several weeks if needed, as long as they actually fix my issues! 1) Double key press issues, 2) GPS issue, 3) random resets, 4) Camera app lockups.

If they woudl fix those, I'd be perfectly happy. If the keyboard issue is a hardware one (which I suspect) but the others all get fixed via software update, that is fine too. With the insurance plan, I'll just go get another one.

But VZW, by all that is good and holy, do NOT release the update unless these things are FIXED. Otherwise wait and FIX THEM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast