Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    patience has its rewards!
    Still nothing. :-( I called Verizon tech support and complained last night. Didn't get me anywhere, but I guess I felt a bit better. Just need our update!!
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I have no problems waiting several weeks if needed, as long as they actually fix my issues! 1) Double key press issues, 2) GPS issue, 3) random resets, 4) Camera app lockups.

If they woudl fix those, I'd be perfectly happy. If the keyboard issue is a hardware one (which I suspect) but the others all get fixed via software update, that is fine too. With the insurance plan, I'll just go get another one.

But VZW, by all that is good and holy, do NOT release the update unless these things are FIXED. Otherwise wait and FIX THEM.
    i had a crappy keyboard -- i accidentally fried my pre - plugged it into a solar charge when the power was out -- got a new one and the keyboard is as good as my 755p was -- it came with 1.3.5 so i doctored to 1.4 and it is still solid so i would have to say that i personally think the keyboard thing is hardware too
  4.    #24  
    Testing is good ... yet it will never be perfect ... If it was there would be no need for another update ... Sprint update is out ... let the fun begin for Verizon owners too!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    whats the difference between the 1.4.0 and 1.4.1?

I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow maybe it will arrive with 1.4.1.......... but I doubt it :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    I'm getting a replacement phone tomorrow maybe it will arrive with 1.4.1.......... but I doubt it :-)

i got one last week -- it showed up with 1.3.5 --
  9.    #29  
    Still ... In A Holding Pattern ...
    Quote Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
    My replacement arrived and came with 1.3.5 no big deal I did the update to 1.4.

Wow the keyboard is amazing. No double typing and all of the letters work correctly. The issue worse than the double typing for me was the letter "r" needed multiple presses to work sometimes 2-3, other times as many as 6. After typing a message I would have to go back and add all the missing "r's".

I ran the replacement Pre+ keyboard through a massive amount of testing last night and did not have a single missed "r" (or any letter) and no double or triple letters.

Wow now if I could only get 1.4.X.X
    just posted in the other similar thread. I can't imagine Verizon spending another minute on 1.4.1. Looks like we're stuck with broken GPS and broken background processes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    just posted in the other similar thread. I can't imagine Verizon spending another minute on 1.4.1. Looks like we're stuck with broken GPS and broken background processes.
    just posted in other thread -- what are you talking about?
    This is incredibly ridiculous.

OK, I petition that every Verizon Pre Plus user, dial 611 and complain to Verizon that you want to see the 1.4.1 update already, since many new apps cannot be run correctly without this update (and to fix GPS)!

I think if enough people call today, we may give them a reason to expedite this.

Who's in?
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    This is incredibly ridiculous.

OK, I petition that every Verizon Pre Plus user, dial 611 and complain to Verizon that you want to see the 1.4.1 update already, since many new apps cannot be run correctly without this update (and to fix GPS)!

I think if enough people call today, we may give them a reason to expedite this.

Who's in?
    i would hope it would work and i will even call verizon but honestly verizon moves at their own pace

Rob
    Notice that comments on that link are closed, because that author clearly knows they are wrong. They should take that page down. Poor journalism from people that don't know the difference between an OS update and an app catalog update. Geesh.

If the keyboard problem is a bug, they can take lots of time to make sure it is fixed. If it isn't, then they are waiting until the end of the quarter so that their earnings aren't hurt buy the thousands of Pre+ handsets they will be replacing the day after 1.4.1 drops and we discover it's a hardware problem...

Either way, I wish Verizon and Palm would tell us what to expect. Silence is what gets the community worried and upset. Just tell us. We are adults (except for electronics) and we can (mostly) handle it.
    Its all about business. Although from my experience with Verizon, they like to hype the initial product they are selling, but then do nothing to improve it after. They have done this with tons of phones I have had in the past. For instance, many of my windows mobile phones had gps removed only for it to work with VZnavigator. It would take over a year to release a patch to unlock it.

To update from WM 6.0 to 6.1 took months longer than it did for other providers to fix their units with the update.

If it were any other company, I would say that its taking this long because of the fact that they are testing it over and over before releasing it. But when it comes to verizon... They dont care. In their minds its "Well, they already have the phone. What do we care if they get more out of it? The money was spent." Believe me, thats their thinking and my experience with them. I almost cracked and left Verizon and went to at&t and bought an iphone.

The Palm Pre Plus was the only saving grace for Verizon. And those idiots dont even hype the phone in their stores either. I went to three verizon stores and they all tried to convince me to buy another phone. I give a huge percentage of Palms fall to Verizon for just not caring about the unit as much as they should.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    Its all about business. ... I went to three verizon stores and they all tried to convince me to buy another phone. I give a huge percentage of Palms fall to Verizon for just not caring about the unit as much as they should.
    They all tried to convince me to get the Droid except for the corporate store where they didn't care what I got, heck they didn't even care if I bought something. The small mom and pop store around with three 20 something guys working there all had droids and no Pre on display. I ask about the pre they show me droid. I call them to see if they have touchstone in stock and they don't even know what it is.
    Sad, isnt it?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12