Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone had any problems with their phone not ringing since the latest update? This has happened well over 20 times and I have reset my phone every time it has happened. PLEASE HELP!~
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by robjvela View Post
    Has anyone had any problems with their phone not ringing since the latest update? This has happened well over 20 times and I have reset my phone every time it has happened. PLEASE HELP!~
    I'm assuming you checked that little switch on top?
  3. #3  
    yeah..Check that switch...Try to use increase the volume...
  4.    #4  
    I did that and also checked the settings on sounds and ringtones. Damn, I think I'm going to have to take it in....
  5. #5  
    This happens to me too, but randomly, usually right after I turn the switch from silent to on.
  6. #6  
    I'd say take it in stat.

    my gfs pres speaker wasn't working at all for calls or speaker phone one night. I said "take it in tomorrow on ur break from work".. Low n behold, she droped it and took a chunk out. I'm not droppin 100 on a replacement when a new device is launching around the corner. SShe understands that she has to deal with it for now for being so clumsy
  7. #7  
    Happened to me as well, I'm getting rid of my phone come june-october so for me it's not worth the hassle to get a refurb.
  8. #8  
    It just happens randomly, but enough to iritate. Occassionally it happened on my Treo too.
  9. ndraiden's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #9  
    not ringing as in not getting the call or the volume? i had the phone not even ring last night and it was very important.. it rebooted by itself and i saw missed calls... smh
  10. #10  
    Download the app JStop. It is like a task manager for the WebOS. If you don't see phone listed in the JStop list, then the phone app is not running. Opening and closing the phone app should fix it.
  11. #11  
    If you have installed apps or patches with preware, it closes processes that the phone needs to work properly. If this happens and the phone locks the screen it will usually reset luna when you try to unlock it. You can use jstop app in preware to monitor the processes and you will know when they are closed, just do a luna restart yourself or reset the phone after you install apps and everything should work fine.
  12. #12  
    if you have the patch "no alerts during calls" installed -- delete it since 1.4 it has turned down all volumes during a call and then not returned them to their normal level
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by n3cr0cr0w View Post
    If you have installed apps or patches with preware, it closes processes that the phone needs to work properly. If this happens and the phone locks the screen it will usually reset luna when you try to unlock it. You can use jstop app in preware to monitor the processes and you will know when they are closed, just do a luna restart yourself or reset the phone after you install apps and everything should work fine.
    Is this the official explanation?
  14. #14  
    I'm not official for anything, but on my pre if I have JStop open and install anything threw preware you can see al the (Phone,Messaging,Calendar,Email,Clock,Camera) processes stop, after that if i don't mess with my phone and it locks with the drag icon 9 out of 10 it will do a luna restart, it is repeatable/testable if you have preware and jstop.
  15. #15  
    Ok, I'm going to try that when I have WiFi access.
  16. #16  
    I have preware and many apps and patches installed and have not had any lock luna restart issues but on occasion i am missing a call too, happened last night, not a volume issue, i got no notification, no missed call in my log, no nothing, its like the call never existed.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  17. #17  
    have you tried doctoring it first?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I have preware and many apps and patches installed and have not had any lock luna restart issues but on occasion i am missing a call too, happened last night, not a volume issue, i got no notification, no missed call in my log, no nothing, its like the call never existed.....
    this could happen if you are in a spoty coverage area if the phone doesn't connect and the call isn't initiated then it will not show up on the phone -- you will never know you missed it untill the voicemail comes

    Rob
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    this could happen if you are in a spoty coverage area if the phone doesn't connect and the call isn't initiated then it will not show up on the phone -- you will never know you missed it untill the voicemail comes

    Rob
    At some point in time, that has happened on every phone I have owned, even in places where I always get full bars. Sometimes it isn't the phone but it is the network to blame.
  20. freakyhair's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #20  
    can you play movies, etc? are all sounds off? I think mytether caused sound/movie issues back a few updates ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions