1.    #1  
    My cam / vid app works fine -- but I can't take pics or vids

With the cam, the flash goes off etc. but nothing stores.

With the vid, the recording button is hit, but nothing stores when done.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

please for the love of god help me -- even my motorolla from 6 years ago took vids/pics why is my pre always messed up ??????????
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    reset it yet?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    reset it yet?
    tons of times (luna, device, battery out, etc.) nothing works.

the question is why has no one else experienced this. What the heck could have happened ?
    Webdr it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    tons of times (luna, device, battery out, etc.) nothing works.

the question is why has no one else experienced this. What the heck could have happened ?
    how do you expect anyone to answer this questions when we knwo nothing about how you use your phone or what you have on it

what kind of patches do you have? what did you do recently to your phone? when did it stop working? you have to be more detailed if you want help troubleshooting.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    how do you expect anyone to answer this questions when we knwo nothing about how you use your phone or what you have on it

what kind of patches do you have? what did you do recently to your phone? when did it stop working? you have to be more detailed if you want help troubleshooting.
    I haven't had anything new added to it in terms of patches. i.e i had patches, worked fine, I updated to 1.4, worked fine, then one day it started going BONKERS:

I wake up and the time is off by hours, it always resorts to July 23rd 2009 for some reason, when I open my messaging app? the latest txt's are not there -- in fact if you sent me a txt, and i opened my txt/msg app, EVEN IF I SCROLLED all the way through, there would be no sign of the recent txts, which sucks on a drunk night when I get tons of txts and can never see them

this phone is the laughing stock of all phones for me. NOTHING works. I can't see txts, I can't take pics or video's, If I turn the ringer off (silent mode) it goes INSANE and starts vibrating about a million times, it's so messed up

and the thing is I didn't really do anything to it...in terms of patching etc.

so about this dr'ing i have 2 questions:

1) what are the steps to do it? where do I download it ?

2) WHAT do I lose ? homebrew apps ? pics / vids ? downloads? etc.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I have a question, just curious.......how much unused storage space, if any, do you have left on the phone?
  8.    #8  
    I have over 5 GB of storage left
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Doctor the phone then. And do a search, there are plenty of threads on exactly how to doctor your phone.
    well before you doctor your phone, back up your phone first by taking off the music, pics and any vids you have off of it.

you will lose text messages

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  11.    #11  
    god damnit. I don't have a computer and I can't use the USB service either either cuz my cord is messed or my phone is (ill go with the latteR)

will i lose contacts ?
    no you will not lose contacts since they are backed up in to your palm profile, whatever paid apps you have will also get backed up with your contacts
  13.    #13  
    but I lose all free apps? and all home brew apps ?
    god damnit. I don't have a computer and I can't use the USB service either either cuz my cord is messed or my phone is (ill go with the latteR)

will i lose contacts ?
    How were you planning on doctoring without a computer/working USB connection?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    How were you planning on doctoring without a computer/working USB connection?
    I will have access soon

but do I lose all homebrew apps and free apps if i doctor ?
  16.    #16  
    ?
    I will have access soon

but do I lose all homebrew apps and free apps if i doctor ?
    You will not lose the ones that graduated from home-brew to the official app catalog if they are still free, all other home-brew app's that didn't, you can still download them if they are still available on preware.

As far as free app's, well its just that, free. so if you got them from the app catalog for free, then they will be in your palm profile so no need to re-download again. Now if you had a free home-brew app that made it to the app catalog and now cost money, then you will need to buy it at that point.