Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had been holding off on upgrading my Sprint Centro to a Pre for quite some time for a few reasons. One, I am on SERO and wanted to milk it for as long as possible. Secondly, I was worried that as soon as I upgraded this far into the Pres life, a new Palm device would be announced. Then there is all the issues I read about on this site that users are having, cracked screen, oreo, etc.

What finally pushed me to upgrade was my wife. While I was fairly content with my Centro and what it could still do, my wife was stuck with a 3yr old Sanyo dumbphone. She would hear me talk about how awesome WebOS is and it drove her nuts that I would not upgrade her phone to one lol. So despite all the reasons not to upgrade, I decided to bite the bullet and just friggin do it already. I ordered the Pre for me, and the Pixi for my wife. I have 30 days to go back to my Centro or try a different phone if the Pre doesn't impress me so what the heck.

I expect to be happy with my new Pre and I'm sure my wife will to stoked about her Pixi.
    Welcome to webOS! You'll love it here.
    well if yr wife is going from dumb phone to a pixie,she will be very happy. My daughter did same and she can't put her pixie down. As for you,i to went from centro to a pre and,i have to admit,,i am a pre-a-holic. You will love it. Almost 8 months and not one issue. I wish and hope the same for you.
    You'll love it. I said the same 30 day statement when I switched from a Blackberry back in July. After 20 minutes of using the Pre I posted the BB on Craigslist...
    Congratulations! I hope that you all lover your webOS devices as much as i do!!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I'm just hoping I get a Pre built on a Wednesday. I ordered the touchstone for the Pre to help reduce the risk of the crack occuring near the USB port. I heard this may help.

Does anyone know if a lot of these issue were fixed in later build Pres? So someone upgrading now may get a bit of a better built than say release day Pres?
    i can't beleive you still had a centro. man that thing was a peice o sh, lol welcome to webOS, i'm sure you will not be dissapointed.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I'm not sure,,makes sense they would address some of these issues,but again,,i have had mine for 8 months and never had any of theses issues.
  9.    #9  
    Other than Palm OS being a bit outdated, I don't have a bad thing to say about the Centro. It has been good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i can't beleive you still had a centro. man that thing was a peice o sh, lol welcome to webOS, i'm sure you will not be dissapointed.
    hey,thats not nice,lol centro I think was a well built phone. The one I had is still in use almost 3 yrs later,,with never 1 issue., good little phone that centro is.
    why do guys always get pixi's for the wife ... ? Lol

Why not two Pre's?

XD
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I'm not sure,,makes sense they would address some of these issues,but again,,i have had mine for 8 months and never had any of theses issues.
    Awesome. I hope I have the same experience.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    there are good pre's in the batch, i love mine and upgraded from the big version of the centro (treo) and It is soo hard to put down.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Still on my 1st Pre since "premiere day" (6/5/09). A few glitches here and there, but globally it's the finest mobile platform I've ever seen, and I'm old and have used them all.
    Enjoy your phone, have fun with the toy and see if it works for you from a biz standpoint. It does all 3 for me. My wife moved up from a Centro, my daughter moved over from an iPhone and they're both thrilled.

bj
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    why do guys always get pixi's for the wife ... ? Lol

Why not two Pre's?

XD
    Well, the Pixi is the one she wanted. I explained the differences and that is still the one she decided on. Maybe it is the name, girls think its cute to tell others they have a Pixi. Not sure.

If it were a BOGO deal like Verizon offers, than I am sure I would of gotten us both Pres.
    Take the necessary precautions. Get a good case and screen protector, the seidio innocase and phantom skinz has served me well and is aesthetically very pleasing. I accidentally dropped my pre without a case the first week I had it creating a rather nasty crack in the corner of the phone. After paying for a replacement, I slapped an innocase on that thing and a week later it fell the same way it did the first time. Not a scratch.
    My wife has a Pixi as well. She didn't like having to slide the keyboard out on the Pre. Girls..... lol
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    hey,thats not nice,lol centro I think was a well built phone. The one I had is still in use almost 3 yrs later,,with never 1 issue., good little phone that centro is.
    that's what i thought when i first got it lol that was over 2.5 years ago. compared to what's out now it's a big pos.

touchscreen was crappy and so was that cable/cradle that connected to the pc man that thing sucked. as well as that supid square ish power cable lmao, man that thing would keep falling off the phone.

but it was a good phone for the 1st year it was out, i was happy i was one of the first to buy one, but w/ that said it is a pos compared to webOS.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    My wife has a Pixi as well. She didn't like having to slide the keyboard out on the Pre. Girls..... lol
    My wife likes the Pixi because you can get a pink case for it. And they say we stereotype !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    My wife likes the Pixi because you can get a pink case for it. And they say we stereotype !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lmao, my fiancee said similar thing, but i was able to convince her that why get a pixi when you could get a pre and do more. she loves her pre now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast