1.    #1  
    Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that at howardforums there are a couple of at&t reps answering questions about their versions of the pre plus they are training on. You can find the thread here:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - ATT Rep: Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus

Also, from reading their responses, they seem impressed by webos, not so much by the hardware, and have the preformance slotted between better than the iphone 3g but slower than 3gs.
    Last edited by fernandez21; 04/06/2010 at 10:43 AM.
    I went to my local telco (Digi, Malaysia) today to switch to their data plan. They have the launching of locked iPhone this month... There r lots of dumb phone users there to switch to iPhone 3Gs...

Why is Palm not supporting AsiaPac?

If every Palm would start this kind of approach in all other countries like wht they do to AT&T, they will b a winner. When I told the sales personel I'm waiting for my Pre to come from euro, she went blank..
    Looks like you posted in the wrong thread?? Read OP.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmoAnest View Post
    I went to my local telco (Digi, Malaysia) today to switch to their data plan. They have the launching of locked iPhone this month... There r lots of dumb phone users there to switch to iPhone 3Gs...

Why is Palm not supporting AsiaPac?

If every Palm would start this kind of approach in all other countries like wht they do to AT&T, they will b a winner. When I told the sales personel I'm waiting for my Pre to come from euro, she went blank..
    Thanks for the heads up fernandez21
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  4.    #4  
    Hey, just to let you guys know, the rep confirmed devmode workS on the AT&T pre, I know some of you were worried that AT&T would cripple it like they did android.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Hey, just to let you guys know, the rep confirmed devmode workS on the AT&T pre, I know some of you were worried that AT&T would cripple it like they did android.
    It hasn't been released yet, it's not too late for them to screw it up.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    I'm the starter of the original hofo thread there. My attempt was to find out more info on the ATT's WebOS devices since there are usually a good number of ATT reps there posting. I can't wait for the Pre Plus to be launched at ATT. Hopefully the thread is helpful for you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I'm the starter of the original hofo thread there. My attempt was to find out more info on the ATT's WebOS devices since there are usually a good number of ATT reps there posting. I can't wait for the Pre Plus to be launched at ATT. Hopefully the thread is helpful for you guys.
    It was okay. Just looking for a specific release date. Now that we know that the training lasts a month, its more than likely that early May is the release timeframe.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    It was okay. Just looking for a specific release date. Now that we know that the training lasts a month, its more than likely that early May is the release timeframe.
    That was indeed my original intention, to find out when it will be released. But insider info is always fun to read.
    Any indications if the Palm Pre will take advantage of AT&T's simultaneous data+voice?
    Tell them that with the 800MHz patch, the Pre will blow away the 3Gs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Any indications if the Palm Pre will take advantage of AT&T's simultaneous data+voice?
    Why wouldn't it? Its the network technology that allows simulataneous voice and data, not the phone. And the webOS phones for ATT have all of the necessary bands for ATT GSM and HSPA. So yes, they will do voice and data at the same time. My Treo 750 on ATT does that.
    That was indeed my original intention, to find out when it will be released. But insider info is always fun to read.
    It is a fun read over there. It seems like those insiders don't have too much to say, but that is understandable. I'm still going with the May 10 date as the release date.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    It is a fun read over there. It seems like those insiders don't have too much to say, but that is understandable. I'm still going with the May 10 date as the release date.
    I know, I am disappointed at the lack of juicy info from the reps too. Maybe someone will chime in at some point with more info!
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Tell them that with the 800MHz patch, the Pre will blow away the 3Gs.
    Have you ever actually used a 3GS? It's still WAY faster than the 800mhz patched Pre, way faster.
    mdmogren;

Can you provide a head to head video of this to share?

Several YouTube videos last summer of the original Pre vs the iPhone 3Gs showed the iPhone to be onlsy slightly more responsive (but enough to be noticable) than the Pre. Most were very impressed with that, as the 3GS (July/2009) came out AFTER the Pre did (June/2009).

They both use the same 600 mhz processor, however, the original Pre was UNDERCLOCKED to 500mhz.

From all information I have been able to procure, I believe that it would be brutally unfair for the iPhone to compare an Iphone 3GS to an overclocked Pre+ to 800 mhz, because the overclocked Pre+ would have the advantage of working at 33% higher clock-speeds - that's not "apples to apples" (pardon the pun).

However, it would be interesting to see, if you can provide some video evidence. Heck, I'd even like to see an unclocked Pre+ against the iPhone 3GS...
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

You should tell those reps to come over here and do some research on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Have you ever actually used a 3GS? It's still WAY faster than the 800mhz patched Pre, way faster.
    I use a recent model iPod Touch quite frequently. With the patch, I don't notice a difference in speed on similar apps. I keep trying to swipe apps on the touch, and it is very annoying when I have to close one app to get to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I ditched my 3gs for a Pre, transitions are smoother in the UI but that's not actual speed, it's the illusion of speed. iphone does use the GPU for the screen transitions which makes it seem a bit faster but loading apps is damn near identical since they have the same internals that shouldn't really come as a surprise. I'm not even running 800Mhz I'm only at 720Mhz and it's faster than my 3gs.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know that at howardforums there are a couple of at&t reps answering questions about their versions of the pre plus they are training on. You can find the thread here:

[url= Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - ATT Rep: Palm Pre Plus and Pixi Plus[/url]

Also, from reading their responses, they seem impressed by webos, not so much by the hardware, and have the preformance slotted between better than the iphone 3g but slower than 3gs.
    That sounds just about right..
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    This is a function of the network, not the device.