Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
       #1  
    I'm not sure if is related to the new OS version, or the 600Mhz .ipk I installed over the weekend, or both reasons together...

    Every morning I have the same routine. While I commute, I listen to live streams and also browse the web and reply to my emails. I continue to do this for at least 2 hours, until the battery is less then 10%, then I hook the Pre to a power source.

    Well, that was before the upgrade and 600Mhz patch. First thing I noticed this morning was how cool the phone is running. Before, it used to turn into a fireball, very quickly. Now, I can barelly feel it so it probably runs around 38-40degrees.

    Let's forget for a second the dramatic speed improvement the 600Mhz patch will bring to your phone. What is shocking to observe is the battery live. I've been doing my morning thing for over 1.5hrs and the battery is at 62%! Before, the battery used to be at less then 30% after 1.5hrs of usage.

    It does not make sense, the gains are too big. Let me know if you noticed battery improvements with a stock phone and no patches or OS mods applied. I suspect the gain culprit is the 600Mhz patch. The mild overclocking helps in fact the phone to "breath" easier and reduces the battery usage. Not the mention the huge difference on how the phone reacts when you open multiple apps. I can open easy 25 cards with no errors at all, but that might be related to the new OS version.

    Update: When the battery load reached approx. 25%, I noticed a significant temperature increase and the discharge rate was greatly increased. Overall, I was able to use the phone for approx 2.5hrs, until I reached the critical 5%. Still, not a bad deal at all. I gained in average 25-30min of battery time, based on a daily habits comparison.
    Last edited by T3CK; 04/06/2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  2. #2  
    I have just installed 720 MHz Patch. It works like a rat but somebody told me that it might burn out your processor. is that true ? I have just charged my phone. it was on wifi I have downloaded a song from youtube. it has gone to 98%. Now I have switched off wifi. Lets see what has overclocking has got for me. I will update you guys tomorrow.

    regards
    Anubav
  3. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
       #3  
    This thread is related to 600Mhz overclocking, not 720 or 800.
    I'm interested to find out from other users if their battery life improved with the OS 1.4.1 and 600Mhz patch. Thanks.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  4. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #4  
    They're updating on THEIR success...a thread NEVER stays to ONE SINGLE TOPIC. Let it be and don't be mean about.
  5. #5  
    You overclocking demons are going to pay for it. Lol.

    I'm not brave enough to do it. I don't want to void my friggin warrenty.
  6. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    They're updating on THEIR success...a thread NEVER stays to ONE SINGLE TOPIC. Let it be and don't be mean about.
    Ya, I just hope someone will post info related the 600Mhz patch. Everyone is hot and bothered by the 800Mhz patch amd I did not wanted this thread to turn towards this direction.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    You overclocking demons are going to pay for it. Lol.

    I'm not brave enough to do it. I don't want to void my friggin warrenty.
    600 MHz is not overclocking. This has been said about a billion times in this forum.

    Anyways...I have been running 600 MHz since updating to 1.4.1.1 and I haven't really noticed a difference in battery drain.
  8. #8  
    I installed the patch on Saturday and noticed a definite decrease in battery life. But the performance of the phone was much nicer, indeed! After installing the 600 MHz patch and some Preware patches I started experiencing random Luna restarts. I've removed the 600 MHz patch, yet still get Luna restarts. *sigh*
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I installed the patch on Saturday and noticed a definite decrease in battery life. But the performance of the phone was much nicer, indeed! After installing the 600 MHz patch and some Preware patches I started experiencing random Luna restarts. I've removed the 600 MHz patch, yet still get Luna restarts. *sigh*
    I get these occasionally too...Have you noticed a pattern to the Luna restarts? Mine seem to only happen when I leave certain apps open when the screen turns off (Preware especially).
  10. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #10  
    Chicken
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisott9628 View Post
    I get these occasionally too...Have you noticed a pattern to the Luna restarts? Mine seem to only happen when I leave certain apps open when the screen turns off (Preware especially).
    I get Luna restarts when getting an inbound phone call. Not always, but enough to make it beyond the point of acceptability. Yes, yes, yes, I can almost guarantee a Luna restart when the screen is turned off and I hit the power button to make it come back on. I'll hit the power and nothing happens. I'll hit it again and again and again, still nothing. Slide open the phone...nothing. Press the center button, nothing. Keep hitting buttons until 20-30 seconds later the screen flashes momentarily then I am greeted with the pulsing Palm logo...*sigh*
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I get Luna restarts when getting an inbound phone call. Not always, but enough to make it beyond the point of acceptability. Yes, yes, yes, I can almost guarantee a Luna restart when the screen is turned off and I hit the power button to make it come back on. I'll hit the power and nothing happens. I'll hit it again and again and again, still nothing. Slide open the phone...nothing. Press the center button, nothing. Keep hitting buttons until 20-30 seconds later the screen flashes momentarily then I am greeted with the pulsing Palm logo...*sigh*
    I've never had the issue with the incoming call but the "pressing of every button trying to get it to come back on" is all too familiar. I even had this issue on a freshly doctored Pre. I really hoped 1.4.1.(1) would fix it...
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisott9628 View Post
    I've never had the issue with the incoming call but the "pressing of every button trying to get it to come back on" is all too familiar. I even had this issue on a freshly doctored Pre. I really hoped 1.4.1.(1) would fix it...
    See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-restarts.html

    Hardbeatz, a Palm employee, is requesting info from users who have Luna resets. I am sure our screen problem is related. You may wish to send him your info.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-restarts.html

    Hardbeatz, a Palm employee, is requesting info from users who have Luna resets. I am sure our screen problem is related. You may wish to send him your info.
    Thanks! I sent him a PM with my info.
  15. #15  
    Pardon my ignorance here, but this would only apply for the Sprint Pre, correct? I believe the stock Palm Pre Plus is running at 600Mhz?
  16. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
       #16  
    Pre is clocked at 500Mhz and Pre Plus at 600. I wanted to have the performance of a Pre Plus on my Pre, without changing the phone and Marco + Jeff made it possible. About the Luna restart, I did not experienced any. I don't have any Preware apps or patches applied, except the clean Hotspot and 600Mhz .ipk patch.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog

Posting Permissions