Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    This should never happen!!!!!!!!! see attached pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (113.1 KB, 227 views)
    lol funny. I don't think the website has that specific of a control over the exact ad that pops up on their site. I also have no doubt that advertisements for other phones have popped up on not only this forum, but those for android, iphone, blackberry and windows mobile as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    LMFAO! so funny!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Actually, what should never happen is yet another thread about the ads at the top of the page. hahaha

They're generated based on the topic of a forum, so any cell phone/smart phone based forum that has ads will have ads for other cell phone/smart phones. Especially carrier branded ads.

There's no point in only having Pre ads, as most members here already have one. Why try to sell me something I already have?
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Really.....your like the 1000th person to mention this in the forums. The add space, like most other web sites, is sold to and managed by a 3rd party. The wondrous add supercomputer puts up the adds it feels are relevant. Tomorrow it could be ATT, T-Mobile or Tide.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Ads are random and are supplied by a third party to help pay for this site, so PreCentral has no control over what is shown.

Wait a few seconds and youll see the Nexus One and soon maybe the HTC Evo.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Actually, what should never happen is yet another thread about the ads at the top of the page. hahaha

They're generated based on the topic of a forum, so any cell phone/smart phone based forum that has ads will have ads for other cell phone/smart phones. Especially carrier branded ads.

There's no point in only having Pre ads, as most members here already have one. Why try to sell me something I already have?
    But this is not even inside of a thread, I was the screen for new posts....
    Ooo, you're lucky. I have never seen any ad up there ... 8o)

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    I meant the Fourm in total... not just an individual thread or section.

It's like when you search with Google, the ads on the side of the page will have something to do with your search - or at least what Google thinks your search was about.

This is a Smart Phone forum, the whole thing... so the ads will be based on what might sell to smart phone users. This, of course, will include other smart phones.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    alright everyone, I know, I know.......another thread about the ads at the top of the page and I get how this works but c'mon! I just get sick of how Droid is everywhere, plastered for everyone to see, drive by VZW and signs everywhere. WHEN WILL THE PRE GET THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    Ooo, you're lucky. I have never seen any ad up there ... 8o)
    When I'm at home using Firefox, I don't either. haha
    When I'm at home using Firefox, I don't either. haha
    There's ads on here ? I use firefox at home and at work. Didn't even realise there were any ads.
    I wish I could use FF at work... I'm stuck on IE6 of all things! :-S
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    There's ads on here ? I use firefox at home and at work. Didn't even realise there were any ads.
    I love FF for this very reason, I use it at home and work too.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Same here, Spader. Stuck with IE6 and it is crappy compared to IE8. I would give anything to have FF or even Chrome! But I guess IE6 is good enough that I can check PreCentral 50 times a day!
    I should sue them for false advertising. "Endless apps" my ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMexSol View Post
    Same here, Spader. Stuck with IE6 and it is crappy compared to IE8. I would give anything to have FF or even Chrome! But I guess IE6 is good enough that I can check PreCentral 50 times a day!
    what do you mean, "or even Chrome"? Chrome is the fastest, safest and least bloated browser on the net. FF is garbage. Just factin...
    I actually have a U3 capable flash drive with Portable FF, however our PCs are locked out of the USB ports so I still can't use it. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    Why should that "never happen"? Who do you think should be advertising on a Palm site? Palm?

Why would they want to waste the money. Companies don't need to spend money "preaching to the choir". They want to advertise to bring others in. Droid wants to convince you folks that own something else to switch. This is a target rich environment for them.

Frankly, I'm glad to see them using their money to support a forum that's dedicated to helping spread the word about the Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast