View Poll Results: Are you having Random Luna Restarts, running webos 1.4.1 or 1.4.1.1?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

94 63.51%
  • Rarely, like once a week

19 12.84%
  • No

35 23.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    it's weird...this has never happened to me, even with 1.4 unless it's happening and I'm not seeing it.
    Great... I had never had this happen until I started paying attention to this thread. Just had it happen. HardBeatZ, I sent you a PM on this.
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I thought it was just me having this problem. 1.4 was much better for me. 1.3.5.1 was the most reliable of them all.

Power button or center button tends to cause the random luna restarts in my experience.
    I get random restarts during heavy usage and multipul cards open.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you are still experiencing random reboots after installing webOS version 1.4.1.x. We would like to collect some log files from devices experiencing this issue to find out what could be causing it. If you are interested in providing a log file please send me a private message.

Be prepared to also include this information.

1. Device
    2. Carrier
    3. What you was doing when the reboot happened (e.g. Opening app catalog, or nothing)
    4. Can you tie the reboot to a certain action or is it completely random (e.g. random, or everytime I go to the app catalog)
    5. Previous webOS version
    6. How did you update (e.g via doctor or OTA)
    7. Patches that are installed (we don't believe patches are the reason for the reboot, we just like to know what's on there)
    I have see more comments posted than I have received log files / PM's.
    I just looked at the poll on this post again. 51 respondents stating that they are still getting random resets. I hope that people are taking up HardBeatZ (Palm Palm Tech Support) request to help diagnose this.
    If you are still experiencing random reboots after installing webOS version 1.4.1.x. We would like to collect some log files from devices experiencing this issue to find out what could be causing it. If you are interested in providing a log file please send me a private message.

Be prepared to also include this information.

1. Device
    2. Carrier
    3. What you was doing when the reboot happened (e.g. Opening app catalog, or nothing)
    4. Can you tie the reboot to a certain action or is it completely random (e.g. random, or everytime I go to the app catalog)
    5. Previous webOS version
    6. How did you update (e.g via doctor or OTA)
    7. Patches that are installed (we don't believe patches are the reason for the reboot, we just like to know what's on there)
    1. palm pre purchased 6/16/09
    2. sprint
    3. waking it up by pressing the power button and sometimes it happens when opening the slider or opening preware or downloading an app or downloading a podcast with dr. podder
    4. i think its random
    5. 1.4
    6. OTA
    7. no patches ever but a lot of homebrew(40+)
    I just sent HardBeatz a pm so hopefully that will help. Also, having problems with my Alarms app not working at all. Please help? Should I revert back to 1.4 or some earlier version I need my alarms to work and whoever said the random reboot was the most frustrating issue is absolutely right. It happens to me a least once a day and rarely twice a day.
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
    Well, I guess I'm kinda glad that I'm not alone with this issue.

I'm not sure what is worse, the random resets or the 10 minutes it takes to do the full reset.

I sure hope I never run into an emergency when my Palm Pre is powered down or resetting itself:

"Can you call 911?"

"Sure, give me 10 minutes."

8 minutes later....

"Too late. Poor guy."

"Yeah, guess we should have used his cell phone."

Duey S
    I had to doctor my Pre and I still get the random resets.

At work on Monday one of the sales lady needed to see if I was available to record a client (I work in radio) and I pulled out my Pre and she says "oh, thats a nice looking phone" and then the damn thing rebooted itself.

Nice.
    i did the same thing. DOctoring the PRE does not resolve the random resets. I have tried it with and without patches. I even removed the overclocking and still the same issue. This didnt use to happen prior to 1.4
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    i did the same thing. DOctoring the PRE does not resolve the random resets. I have tried it with and without patches. I even removed the overclocking and still the same issue. This didnt use to happen prior to 1.4
    Same here, resets didn't start until 1.4

I didn't even doctor for that issue (had a problem with something else leaving files on my phone that caused it to act goofy)

I was hoping the dr would fix the reboots, but nope! Still averaging about 2 random reboots a day

I love the webOS, but with the random reboots, phone calls not ringing the phone, sometimes SMS messages not showing up until I load the Messaging app... it makes me want to throw it at a wall and go back to my i870!
    I had a lot of trouble with random reboots when I first got my Pre Plus. This persisted to my second pre plus and through various wiping of the device trying to solve it.

I initially had preware and patches and apps and everything. I wiped the device, and installed only a couple of patches and preware (but plenty of apps) and had the same rebooting issue. I wiped the device and installed no patches, but had app store and homebrew apps along with preware and still had the reboots.

By the most recent wipe, I was pretty aggravated at not having a functional smartphone and so I didn't install anything at all on it. No patches, no apps, no preware, no nothing. The phone was rock solid for at least two weeks. I had one issue where my phone was completely dead after a night on the touchstone but thats all.

I started adding my appstore apps back in and the phone continued to be solid. I added AmpachPre back (with webOSQuickInstall) and my phone hasn't had a random reboot that I can remember in at least two months.

I can't say that preware or its service caused my reboots, but my phone is rock solid without it. The only other thing I can think of that I had before that I don't have now is the service that gets installed by one of the homebrew apps that enables an LED flashlight.

I miss preware and a couple of the homebrew apps, but I don't miss daily rebooting at inopportune times. I'll give the 1.4.1.1 update that Verizon pushed a few days before I install any new apps... Who knows? Maybe the reboots will return and preware/homebrew had nothing to do with them.
    3rd pre. First time ever I had this issue...preware yes. Sprint pre.
    uber kernal is installed but crashing even if not overclocking

my screen will just fade to off. Only way to get pre to start is to hold power button down and palm logo appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    3rd pre. First time ever I had this issue...preware yes. Sprint pre.
    uber kernal is installed but crashing even if not overclocking

my screen will just fade to off. Only way to get pre to start is to hold power button down and palm logo appears.
    What version of Preware are you using? Version 1.1.1 has solved this issue AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    maybe it wasn't the current version. Anyway, doctored the phone and installed latest preware and mytether. We shall see. Leaving uber-kernel off this time.
    doctoring the phone didn't help. I'm starting to think it's preware or it's patches...but I've installed mytether on both tries. Will re doctor and leave mytether off
    not sure if there is a better thread for this; to pattern for me seems to be only after I've closed the Facebook beta client...
    1.4.5 should remedy alot of random resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedicide View Post
    1.4.5 should remedy alot of random resets.
    insider info?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123