Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have Palm Pre GSM(unlocked O2) and im using it on Orange network.

i tested my 3G internet connection several times even with full signal bars with more than one speed test site, and the palm pre 3G speed goes between 0.80 mb - 1.4 mb.

as i know 3G network gives speeds up to 7 mb. and im on Orange network 3G+ and they told me that thier Network support up to max 14 mb.

is Palm Pre a 3G+ device?
    is it a Network Problem that i cant get at least 7 mb or the Palm pre cant get more than 2 mb?
    how much in mb can palm pre get on 3G network?

i tested my 3G speed with those sites from my Palm Pre:
    My 3G Speed | Test my iPhone, Pre, Storm speed, 3G Speed Test
    Mobile Speed test
    I always noticed the 3g on the pre to be really really slow compared to otherphones.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I always noticed the 3g on the pre to be really really slow compared to otherphones.
    Pre is my first 3G device and i never tested any other mobile phone on 3G yet.
    did you tested the speed of your Pre? how much in mb your pre can download on 3G?
    I'm able to get over 5Mbps using WiFi on pre (my home connection only goes to 7Mbps). What other smartphones are doing over 5Mbps?

Couple things... your radio may only go to 3.6Mbps. The tower you are on may be heavy with other users. Backhaul at that particularly site may not be able to support those kinds of speeds with many users sharing. Also, are those speed test sites in the States or do they have Euro sites as well?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I'm able to get over 5Mbps using WiFi on pre (my home connection only goes to 7Mbps). What other smartphones are doing over 5Mbps?

Couple things... your radio may only go to 3.6Mbps. The tower you are on may be heavy with other users. Backhaul at that particularly site may not be able to support those kinds of speeds with many users sharing. Also, are those speed test sites in the States or do they have Euro sites as well?
    i tested that on 2 different locations, my home and in other place, it gives nearly same speed on 3G, also i connected my Pre using myteather to my PC and did a test speed on Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test for more accurate test and i got same results. maybe as you said its all about the tower and the Orange 3G service.

regarding the sites the 2 in US. dose that make a huge differnce?
    I dunno, but it seems to me as if the My 3G Speed | Test my iPhone, Pre, Storm speed, 3G Speed Test site gave very low values no matter what I did. I put my phone on wifi at home which I know is usually quite fast (I can download podcasts quickly at east) and it still gave me no more than 0.1Mbps which seems way lower than the speed I seem to have when using the device.