Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to make this post to discuss Verizon's offer to upgrade from a dumb phone to a pre or pixi. It is still early but I was wondering how many people are actually going to take advantage of this? I know I will tomorrow but I want to hear just what you have to go through when you try and go to the store.
    Verizon is one of the big names in the telecommunication industry. So, the company will have many different features to provide you to keep you hooked to them. So, it is always beneficial to ask the company personals about this as they would be the best to tell you about all the details it's then you can decide about the proceedings. I would recommend you to use the chat services for once and clear all you doubts about the scheme. Talking about me I'm looking forward to bundle the services.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    When I upgraded to a smartphone (Treo 7-something at the time), I did my own research to help me decide. Verizon's web site (verizonwireless.com) has many user reviews on all its phone models. Educate yourself. I was biased because I had been using non-phone, Palm devices and wanted to keep the apps on a phone. thorne
    Trying to talk my wife into one.
  5.    #5  
    Yea, I have already personally decided to get the Pre Plus. However, my upgrade day is the 9th of this month, and i would love if I could just go today and get the phone because I read from the front page of Precentral that starting April 6th (today), Verizon would allow dumb phone users (such as myself) to upgrade early to the Pre/Pixi. What I want to know is, is this true? And if it is not, do you think they would let me upgrade a tiny bit early?
    Quote Originally Posted by newt45 View Post
    Yea, I have already personally decided to get the Pre Plus. However, my upgrade day is the 9th of this month, and i would love if I could just go today and get the phone because I read from the front page of Precentral that starting April 6th (today), Verizon would allow dumb phone users (such as myself) to upgrade early to the Pre/Pixi. What I want to know is, is this true? And if it is not, do you think they would let me upgrade a tiny bit early?
    I would be surprised at any phone company that would not upgrade you in the last 30 days before your date - especially if you are standing in the store with money in your hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by newt45 View Post
    Yes, it's true. You can go today and get the upgraded price.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8.    #8  
    Oh, this is great news then , I am going to go to the Verizon Store to try and get the Pre in 2 hours can't wait! My first smartphone, can't wait!
    went to the verizon store and nobody had heard of such a deal. I change phones alot but the last one i bought under contract was a casio boulder but out of contract/ebay i have since owned 10+ phones most which were smartphones i have a brigade right now active on the line. There was a droid on it previously. My upgrade date is in 5 months but i would like to take advantage of this plan if possible i probably dont qualify though. Should i try a different store? dont see anything on there site either.

p.s. i owned a pre + and a pixi+ i want one back!...i know im a phone wh0re
    The front page article mentioned older Treo 650's.....I'm about 20 months in with my current Centro so I'm heading to a VZ store after work.

I know it's not a 'dumb' phone but between this, the price drop & the free mobile hotspot....it sounds like they are desperate to move Pre's.

Hope it works.
    Verizon allows upgrades 60 days prior to upgrade date with the New Every Two Plan. Yesterday I ordered the Palm Pre Plus. Listed at $599.99. Because I am on the New Every 2 plan, it was discounted to -0-. I just looked and it is discounted to $50.00 today. The very best part was the lady told me that three days prior, Verizon dropped their monthly $40 charge for the Hotspot. This was the reason I bought this phone in the first place. I was delighted. You still have to pay the monthly data service fee of $29.99. The offer of the Pre is "on line ordering". they were having trouble with their website yesterday, so I called and got the on line deal.

Also, this phone is on Buy One Get One Free, if you have another user whose contract is up at the same time. My husband's isn't up yet, or we could have recieved two.
    Last edited by nbowen; 04/06/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    just did some digging and i came across bg's site with memo stating its only avaliable in select markets. Ohio/Pennsylvania, Upstate NY, Central Texas, and Nothern California Region in target and sams club kiosks. ***? confirmation? guess im out, seems mighty limited and kinda pointless to me not going to move many units that way...

p.s. just checked the date and its march 16 so its alittle old hopefully the market range has been expanded. I would post the link but it said i need to have 10 post or more.
  13.    #13  
    Well I just got back from the Store and it is a no . The Employee told me there is nothing he could do about the upgrade date even though it is only 3 days away and I told him I was 100% willing to sign a new contract and etc. He told me to call Verizon from there customer support number and maybe they will move the date for me so I can get it a little early.

Overall, I am very disappointed today , but on the upside I got to play with the Pre Display model while waiting and it was awesome .
    Last edited by newt45; 04/06/2010 at 06:56 PM.
    My apologies for spouting off about something I obviously didn't know for certain... I'd read the story about Verizon offering dumbphone folks early upgrades and thought it was an active program.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    1-800-922-0204 called they knew about it and said i did qualify and that i "should" be able to get it done in store. They must not have been in the loop at the store i went to. If i had anymore problems she said just call back i can order on the phone.
  16.    #16  
    Oh, well thanks for the help everyone! And I will be calling that number tomorrow to see if they will allow me to upgrade.
    I wonder how the sales people at Verizon feel about this Pre/pixi deal that is going on.

They probably hate that nobody wants to talk about their "Holy DROID" phone.
  18.    #18  
    Interestingly, the store I went to had the Palm Pre/Pixi very well kept and they were both very fast. The Droid on the other hand was dead and looked like crap.
    It seems plam devices arent getting special treatment. The offer is for any 3g smartphone it is not limited to the webos devices. At first it appeared this was an act to help move some webos units which it may some what but its more or less going to put more droids in peoples pockets i see to many as is. But hey you get hotspot for free now so thats one up for palm
    No go for me also.....In store Reps's were clueless about it.

Going to try over the phone tomorrow....and than via retentions if need be.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast