Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by newt45 View Post
    Interestingly, the store I went to had the Palm Pre/Pixi very well kept and they were both very fast. The Droid on the other hand was dead and looked like crap.
    That's awesome. Plus the Droid itself looks like crap anyways. I hope Droid users know they're carrying around a giant ugly brick as a phone. Also, I hope that Motorola made it sturdy enough to hold up to 2 years of service. Anyways, glad the Droid is getting some well deserved crappy display! I think it deserves it after Verizon beat up the Pre/Pixi with their knowledgeable sales.
  2.    #22  
    I had wanted to try it out to see what all the hype was about but yea it was really bad. I am going to try and call today and see what happens. If any of you are going to try and call as well, make sure to post here so we can discuss!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    My dumb phone had 8 months left on the new after 2 or whatever plan. I was surprised to find that I was eligible for an upgrade. Then on on April 1 after I read about the free wireless hot spot deal on Engadget. All the phones on my upgrade page required a data plan. The Pre was 50.00. 50.00 more than I payed for my dumb phone. So being one to have never taken the cell phone craze seriously. I became a phone person. And thanks to my new favorite web site. Pre Central. I have been emerged beyond recognition.
  4.    #24  
    You are very lucky. What state do you live in? Verizon's Promotion may only really be limited to some places according to a few people.
    I just talked verizon into a new pre even though my upgrade date is 6 months away. I just explained how my 755p was getting slowere and slower and after they sent me another one it was still unusable. Since I had a good payment history, they gave me one for 0$ (BTW in Cali they want to charge $58 in tax on a free phone!) Talked them into crediting my bill the $58.
  6.    #26  
    6 months away, wow. We have never missed a payment and have been longtime customers of Verizon, and the only option I have is to buy the phone over the phone and have it arrive in 4 days apparently or wait 2 days until the upgrade date on Friday.

Despite that I can't take either because I will be on vacation starting very early friday until next friday. This is really depressing.
    I also have been a long time customer of Verizon with my wife (close to 10 years) and we do not get any special treatment except the new every 2
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    That's so strange to me that they won't let you upgrade when your "eligibility" is only 3 days away. Sprint has let me upgrade 30 days prior to my date. I would try again Thursday If I were you, maybe it being 1 day away will be too silly for them to turn you away.
  9.    #29  
    Lol, today is day number 2 away from the upgrade, I doubt 1 day would make a difference. This is the first time I asked for an early upgrade so I guess its my fault for not asking early enough. If I called a few days ago the Pre would have arrived before Friday. I just assumed they would be nice and let me upgrade a day or 2 at the store before the actual day but I guess not.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Try a different store maybe? I'm sure someone will be willing to upgrade you 1 day early. Come on Verizon!
  11.    #31  
    I already tried 3 stores, I have already given up. I am just going to have to wait until next Friday to get it....
    i got rejected they said i had a droid on plan recently and whoever i talked to on the phone didnt go through the motions of enter info they just saw i had a brigade on the line...ooh well it was worth a shot gotta wait 5 months
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newt45 View Post
    You are very lucky. What state do you live in? Verizon's Promotion may only really be limited to some places according to a few people.
    In Louisiana
    I bought my pre plus on monday at my verizon store here in southern cali. I went in a month earlier thinking I was due for an upgrade and the pre plus was listed for 150 after mail in rebate.

This monday, now with upgrade ready, it was listed 50.00 period. No rebate no nothing. I was obviously excited and with the money I saved for being patient and not hassling the sales people to cut me slack, I bought the touchstone. Best $100 I have spent in years. First smart phone by the way, and I'm glad I chose to jump on at this time with webOS and all.
    They had no idea about the deal in Virginia, I guess it isn't available here. But, I'll keep trying.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    The problem is that 'dumbphone' users, like my self(lg versa) will pay a lot more than we've been paying for for the past years with the required 29.99 a month data plan.
    That's where Verizon doesn't understand that customers without smartphones are mostly not upgrading because they don't want to pay that 29.99 extra.
    One of our phones is 2 days away from upgradeability, so I'm very interested in this discussion, especially for my wife. Of course, if I win a Pre through PalmSpot (see sig below ) I might not need to upgrade...or will give it to other family members. {Jonathan}
  18.    #38  
    Well I did manage to get my Pre Plus but only on the upgrade date(still, I was ecstatic ). The only way for you to be able to upgrade early is to either end up with a really nice employee at a store. Or call Verizons customer support and ask if you can upgrade early.

You won't get the NE2 money off but they will most likely allow you to get a new phone even if your upgrade date is in a month or something not to far ahead. However, like I said, it has to be over the phone. No online buying or store buying, I tried but the women said I could only place the phone order over the phone early.
    Last edited by newt45; 04/20/2010 at 07:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yus4eel View Post
    The problem is that 'dumbphone' users, like my self(lg versa) will pay a lot more than we've been paying for for the past years with the required 29.99 a month data plan.
    That's where Verizon doesn't understand that customers without smartphones are mostly not upgrading because they don't want to pay that 29.99 extra.
    That was always one of my reasons for not upgrading also. But the Mobile Hotspot got me. We already use Verizon MiFi for our home internet. No DSL or cable where we live yet. And that 5gb cap is very small for what you pay. So the Pre supplements the MiFi. The fact that this Palm Pre is simply the coolest gadget ever. Well , thats just a bonus.
    Out of 3 verizon stores I went to in Richmond,va only 1 knew about the early upgrade.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast