1.    #1  
    It totally sucks that such a great OS and phone is almost on the brink of bankruptcy.

I am not ruling out Palm, cause the device and OS is great.

Just imagining how awesome the Pre would be with a snapdragon processor, or if WebOS was on the Ipad.

I was at the Apple store the other day playing with the iPad for a while, and I was just imagining how awesome it would be if it had WebOS and a gesture area. WebOS would be perfect, the device is fast, the multi-tasking would be awesome and everything on it would scream.

But as it stands right now, Palm is almost on the brink of selling out or closing shop. Everyone gives it one year tops, and it just sucks that the mainstream doesn't know about the OS. And so many sites say that they "can't recommend" the Pre, except for a specific niche of people. But baring the app store, what application on the iPhone makes it superior?

My friend has the iPhone, he barely uses the compass, the voice-activated dialing, or to think of it any of the voice-activated features.

I would honestly hands down by the iPad if a company would port WebOS on to the device. It wouldn't have the gesture area, but the cards feature would be amazing.
    No, it needs the scorpion, or omap 4... Look them up...

Web-os needs to mature before going on a tablet, give it atleast a year...
    For me, im tired of the Pre. Its almost a year old.

If anything Id like to see new hardware with WebOS instead of the same pre design flipflopped over tons of carriers. So my vote goes for iPad with webos.

Pre is just old news.
    I agree. It's been said early on that WebOS felt as though it had more potential to be limited to a slow processor. I've always felt it was too limited to be stuck on a small device such as a phone. It's a year old and it's matured nicely since it was first released. Palm is doing a good job with new carriers as well. Hell, they even talked VZW into including the mobile hotspot for FREE. This alone will help in sales.
    I can't say whether or not Palm would be in a position to develop a new line of devices such as a tablet, even if WebOS would be perfect for it, but I think it would be in their best interest to follow in Google's footsteps and license WebOS to equipment manufacturers. You can find Android on a TV now! Why should WebOS be left in the dust? It's a better system than Apple's, it's more intuitively designed, simple to use yet powerful, and Android is catching up. Give it the screen realestate and the processing power it begs for and release it into the world.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadge75 View Post
    Why should WebOS be left in the dust? It's a better system than Apple's, it's more intuitively designed, simple to use yet powerful, and Android is catching up. Give it the screen realestate and the processing power it begs for and release it into the world.
    It sucks, but it is just too late. I agree with Jon Rubinstein, if the phone had come out on VZ before the Droid, then it would have been a different situation. But with the Nexus One coming to Sprint and Verizon, and the possibility of an iPhone CDMA version, the game looks all but over for Palm. If the iPhone goes to VZ, then hands down Palm is done for...WebOS is a better OS, but with the lack of support from VZ and the horrible marketing thus far, it would see almost impossible for Palm to succeed. And then there is the whole Windows Phone 7, and the impact that has on the market.

Jon Rubinstein said that there is enough demand for there to be 4-5 major players, but I can't see there being more than 3. Android, iPhone, and Blackberry. It is too late in the game for Windows Phone 7 (app catalog from scratch destroys their chances), and Palm doesn't have the cash or resources to survive.