1.    #1  
    The other day, I put the Mobile Hot Spot app on my father-in-law's PrPrPr&#$275$;.

I didn't realize at the time that he hadn't updated to webOS 1.4.1.

This kept it from working correctly.

He ended up calling Sprint for support. Afterall, it worked on /my/ Pre, and we're on the same plan.

First the rep said that it costs $20 per month for the service.
    When he said that it worked just fine on his son-in-law's Pre and that we're on the same plan, the rep took a closer look.

She said that the plan *did* support it, and that he may need a software update.

So he updated to 1.4.1 and the MHS app sprung to life.

So, is Sprint moving towards official tethering?
    Was this rep simply mis-informed?

I don't know.

But with Verizon dropping prices on both the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus, and offering a FREE Mobile Hot Spot app, Sprint is going to need to act fast to compete.

Being able to call *any* cell phone for free is nice, but I don't make that many calls.

Free tethering? Now that's another story.

webOS Developer
    I've seen a tethering app that notifies the user of "tethering charges" so I think they have it in place already.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pr3tard View Post
    I've seen a tethering app that notifies the user of "tethering charges" so I think they have it in place already.
    Where?

webOS Developer
    this is the link:
    forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/191213-my-tether-tether-over-wifi-usb-btDOThtml

sorry, not enough posts to hyperlink.

When I found it, I was scrolling through the Preware "list everything" earlier tonight. There was a disclaimer that said something about needing to sign up for data services above and beyond your everything plan.
    That is not an official or supported app by Sprint. A lot of people use it (or rather the "doner" version which has more features and support) but please be aware what you are gettign into before installing it. I would recommend reading up on the threads regarding My Tether before deciding.