1.    #1  
    Browsing through the root of my pre, I came across the boot logo .tga file.

Is it really so simple as to change this file around to look how I wish (while still maintaining the properties of the original image such as size,colors, etc) to change the booting logo on my pre?
    See the link in my signature below...

Also... you can request custom boot screens from us HERE
  3.    #3  
    Do they have to be .tga files, or does WOSQI recompress them?

does webOS just fade between the 2 images? can they be extremely different for cooler effects?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    Do they have to be .tga files, or does WOSQI recompress them?

does webOS just fade between the 2 images? can they be extremely different for cooler effects?
    Images for Boot Screens must be in .png format. But if you use the instructions below in my link, you can use any format you like as the QI app will change them to .png automatically.
  5.    #5  
    The directions don't specify sizes/etc

can i use the full screen res?
    Does anyone know if its possible to remove the boot logo so you can see what the Pre is doing whilst starting up - much like you can do with a Linux install.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    The directions don't specify sizes/etc

can i use the full screen res?
    just like wallpaper... Images have to be 320x480.
    Quote Originally Posted by jparnell View Post
    Does anyone know if its possible to remove the boot logo so you can see what the Pre is doing whilst starting up - much like you can do with a Linux install.
    not possible. Boot screen will display a static image. These may be bases upon Linux, but these are still phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    See the link in my signature below...

Also... you can request custom boot screens from us HERE
    I followed your instructions to the letter and I was able to install the boot logo that I wanted!

Now my next question is, what if I want to get rid of it? How do I default back to the original Palm boot logo?

UPDATE: Never mind... I figured out how by just unchecking the "Change boot logo" box.
    Last edited by BenRagunton; 04/06/2010 at 10:51 PM.