Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    LoL. I was LITERALLY thinking the same thing And btw... thats a quote from the princess bride for all those out there that didn't get the reference
    their is a patch for farenheit temps in device menue. It is pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    their is a patch for farenheit temps in device menue. It is pretty cool.
    this won't work if you use a device patch that removes the battery will it?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I run both the 800MHz and battery temperature patches. Usually when I plugin my Pre for charging and had the Mobile Hot Spot on with my notebook accessing the wifi for internet, the over heat alarm will goes off after 2-3 hrs of usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    I bet its the touchstone.... wireless charging just sounds like its gonna create a bunch of heat....
    I got my pre overclocked to 800mhz, when I use the touchstone the warning temperature comes on, the phone gets hot (111-117 degrees);, but when I charge the phone through usb cable only nothing happens and the phone is cool all time (about 88-90 degrees)
    Palm must have fixed the build quality issues with some asbestos.
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Could there be a problem with using the Touchstone charger?

I just got a Pre Plus a few days ago and I honestly do not know much about the phone yet, I'm still learning. But I bought the Touchstone charger along with the Pre and used it from day one. I don't have a Temperature alarm or anything but I do notice that my Pre gets extremely hot when charging.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    After Doctoring twice, the issues have gone away with the exception of the ridiculous battery drain. I just got my store manager to order me a replacement Pre (Was trying to hold off, but I had no choice) so I decided to re-overclock my original Pre and it seems to be doing fantastic (other than the battery wearing out). I think something just got screwed up with the OC uninstall.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    I just ordered the Seidio 1350 battery today to see if my heat, luna restart and hard lockup issues are possibly battery related.

If this does not fix the issues above, I will try another wipe/erase/doctor run through.

And if this does not do the trick, I will try another RMA through Sprint.

And if my next Pre still runs hot and locks on me, I will just assume the overclocking gods do not look favorably on me getting to 800mhz.
    I love my 800 patch. But I amuninstalling it since I have now 3 touchstones and I can't use the phone at all while using it.

i'll just wait till I get a second gen and I won't have to worry about overclocking.
    I do believe your phone need to be exchange,they won't change it for heat issue unless they prove it themself. You have to come up with another problem for them to do an exchange. Your smart, you'll think of one. :-) p.s - I've been using the kernel 800mhz for a while now,and also number1pete cpu scaling app,with no problem. It's normal for the device to get warm,a little hot during charging. I don't have the temp patch on,i really don't need it since I have the temp patch in my drop down menu,across from my batt level.
    mairboy - what happens to your phone while overclocked and charging on Touchstone? Does it lock up? Overheat? Reboot? Become unresponsive?

Just curious what you mean you cannot use it at all? (as I think that mine would do the same thing if overclocked...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    mairboy - what happens to your phone while overclocked and charging on Touchstone? Does it lock up? Overheat? Reboot? Become unresponsive?

Just curious what you mean you cannot use it at all? (as I think that mine would do the same thing if overclocked...)
    i am using the 800MHz ipkg and the scaler and my phone will heat up in the car on the touchstone running trapster and the music player remix -- other than that once and a while when i put it on the touchstone and it is a little off -- if it gets hot i the TS i just take it off and put it back --and in the car i mounted it in front of the vent -- most of the time my phone says 90 or so

oh and by the way your phne would do anything but become slow or unresponsive with the 800 patch
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    I was disappointed to read this thead and not see any pres on fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova13 View Post
    Could there be a problem with using the Touchstone charger?

I just got a Pre Plus a few days ago and I honestly do not know much about the phone yet, I'm still learning. But I bought the Touchstone charger along with the Pre and used it from day one. I don't have a Temperature alarm or anything but I do notice that my Pre gets extremely hot when charging.
    There is no question that the phone gets hotter when it is charging on a Touchstone than it does when it is charging via a cable. I have four touchstones, and all of them cause the phone to heat up noticeably while charging, even if nothing is running on my phone.

That said, I haven't experienced overheating problems anything close to the extent that the OP described. Granted, I never bothered to check the temperature of my phone until I first installed the 800MHz kernel, so I don't know how hot it got before that, but anyhow, the only times my phone has ever set off the Device Temperature Warning patch (@ 45C) have been when it was sitting on a Touchstone for a while.

But... my phone is almost always on a touchstone. With the 800MHz kernel, the heat warnings were frequent enough that I decided to drop back to 720MHz, which did help somewhat.

Then I installed the recently available CPUScalerUltimate application, and with it set to scale between 250MHz and 800MHz, the heat issues appear to have vanished. Not a single heat warning since. In fact, even on the Touchstone I haven't seen my phone get hotter than 39C.

Has anyone else dramatically improved device heat issues with CPUScaler?
    Xenoc
    :: Palm III -> Palm IIIc -> Palm Vx -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Treo 600 -> 650 -> 755p -> Palm Pre (2nd) -> Verizon Pre2::

If you like electronic music... check me out:
    http://www.xenocmusic.com (needs updates ...)
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    I was disappointed to read this thead and not see any pres on fire
    My thoughts exactly.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12