Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, first yes, my mom has one, though she was not converted on the Pre for womens commercials, I sold her on it. lol Anyways. I went to doctor her phone, update and just clean it up. Hooked it up to my laptop to back up the usb stuff and instantly when I connected it, my virus scanner went off that she has a virus. It guaranteed it and cleaned it. Was some random trojan, looks like it was probably from some music that was put on the phone. Doesn't appear that it did any damage to the phone or stole anything from what I can tell, but thought it was interesting and thought I would share.... It was the follwogin virus name TROJ_FRAUDLO.IA
    wow lmao, poor little virus was in uncharted territories, it was probably like where the hell am i, this does not look like a pc lol. I doubt it did any damage since it was not designed for the phone, but weird store my friend
    lol funny
    can I get a virus on my pre if I look at p.orn ?

I'm for real, I've wondered this for a while.
    and don't everyone laugh at once, I know I'm not the only one that has thought of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post

and don't everyone laugh at once, I know I'm not the only one that has thought of this.
    Nope....

But you can get hairy palms and go blind!
    I likey take apart thingies....

I don't think so i watch **** on mines all the time. what site do you use, i use mobile you**** and works great on my pre lol

could you? Yes it is possible. But its also possible however remote the chance, that pigs everywhere start growing wings and flying around....

Its possible, but extremly unprobable.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordo487 View Post
    Doesn't appear that it did any damage to the phone or stole anything from what I can tell, but thought it was interesting and thought I would share.... It was the follwogin virus name TROJ_FRAUDLO.IA

It's a windows virus, so no, it's not going to damage a phone that runs on Linux.
    well this is great news.

CAn my work find out what web sites I go to?
    with out seeing my phone?

Like can they call Verizon or get a detailed list of the sites I visit?

One of pros/cons for chatting on forums; we all don't know who you are nor what you look like lol
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Nope....

But you can get hairy palms and go blind!
    it is possible. Malware can be designed for any system, and the Pre is no exception. There are even a few flavors of worms for the Iphone now...

well this is great news.

CAn my work find out what web sites I go to?
    with out seeing my phone?

Like can they call Verizon or get a detailed list of the sites I visit?
    does your work pay for the account? Then yes they have a right to know what your doing, although, I doubt Verizon is keeping URL's.... but they can tell how much mb's your using.... and streaming **** is gonna look differant to their bottom line than using it just for calls....

Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    One of pros/cons for chatting on forums; we all don't know who you are nor what you look like lol
    oh, there's no shame in my game.

But what about my work question?

Can my job ever request a list of the sites thatI go to?

In other words, can I get in trouble looking at **** on my phone?
    I'm on a unlimited data plan and nobody ever has my phone except me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    does your work pay for the account? Then yes they have a right to know what your doing, although, I doubt Verizon is keeping URL's.... but they can tell how much mb's your using.... and streaming **** is gonna look differant to their bottom line than using it just for calls....
    maybe I shouldn't do it anymore.

I guess I'll have to wait until I get home instead of pulling over on the side of the road.

LOL

totally just kidding.

But thanks, I think I just wont look at it anymore. It's not worth it.
    oh, there's no shame in my game.

But what about my work question?

Can my job ever request a list of the sites thatI go to?

In other words, can I get in trouble looking at **** on my phone?
    I'm on a unlimited data plan and nobody ever has my phone except me.
    The owner of any phone can monitor what you have on your phone. Even if it's your phone, you should assume that it's being monitored. It's better to be safe than sorry...
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    yep.

Just typing that question made me think I should stop.
    Who needs the headache of getting into a mess like that.

Thanks all.
    You know most virus protection software doesn't even know what the virus is, it just looks for virus like behavior.
    yep.

Just typing that question made me think I should stop.
    Who needs the headache of getting into a mess like that.

Thanks all.
    however, there is no way for them to access the USB drive remotely, put your pr0n on there via Mp4's and your golden.... just dont forget about them

Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    You know most virus protection software doesn't even know what the virus is, it just looks for virus like behavior.

Thats why people with a expired subscription to their AV almost always seem to have some kinda virus, because the definitions of what is virus like behavior change with every new varient.....
    also 2 active antivirus solutions will detect each others Reg entries and try and attack each other. IE Antivirus software kinda works like a virus in order to remove viruses....

The most infected PC's I work on have a patchwork of AV solutions.... Mcafee scanner, Norton active, PC tool reg cleaner, Zone alarm firewall.... all that stuff on one machine is asking for trouble. I use AVG free and Malwarebytes as a scanner to remove stuff AVG let thru.

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    however, there is no way for them to access the USB drive remotely, put your pr0n on there via Mp4's and your golden.... just dont forget about them
    I access the files on the USB part of my phone remotely via SSH all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast