Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    I access the files on the USB part of my phone remotely via SSH all the time.
    Yeah, We do. SSH is not a standard app or service, I highly highly doubt the Company had the device in hand long enough to install a SSH,(oh and didnt the update to 1.4 break most SSH as it removed the user info?) and since your choices are WIFI or EVDO and EVDO would require even more effort to keep the IP the same between towers, It's safe to say he is ok at all times he isnt accessing the companies wifi...

I guess I just dont see a employer going thru the hassle to monitor mobile useage.... Although if the IT guy is bored.... Anything is possible!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 04/05/2010 at 10:57 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I access the files on the USB part of my phone remotely via SSH all the time.
    Can you use WinSCP with the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Can you use WinSCP with the Pre?
    of course... use it everyday

The meats of it....

Hostname: [my pre's ip]
    port: [my pre's port] (222 if you followed the Optware enabling instructions verbatim)
    username and password you set

Check 'Advanced Options' and select "Environment>SFTP".
    In the SFTP server box enter: sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Yeah, We do. SSH is not a standard app or service, I highly highly doubt the Company had the device in hand long enough to install a SSH,(oh and didnt the update to 1.4 break most SSH and require it to be resetup?) and since your choices are WIFI or EVDO and EVDO would require even more effort to keep the IP the same between towers, It's safe to say he is ok at all times he isnt accessing the companies wifi...
    Setting up a script to have the machine relay back it's updated IP is pretty trivial. It's the first thing I did after installing the SSH server on mine. Some companies would bother. You can then easily remotely wipe the phone if need be.
    Setting up a script to have the machine relay back it's updated IP is pretty trivial. It's the first thing I did after installing the SSH server on mine. Some companies would bother. You can then easily remotely wipe the phone if need be.
    Yeah, I guess they could.... or since they own the pre and likely the profile they would wipe it using palms remote wipe.... IDK, seems more likely..... But thats the thing, if the IT guy doesnt like you or has way too much free time with your pre.... he may know about all those "afternoon delight" stops at 2pm

6.    #26  
    It's a windows virus, so no, it's not going to damage a phone that runs on Linux.
    Yeah I was not too concerned about it, just thought it was funny and I figured that everyone would at least get a kick out of reading about it. My mom, well from what I know, does not use her phone to look at ****, so I think she is is covered there and did not get it from that.... lol I think she dragged it in from some MP3's she put on the phone...
    I highly doubt Verizon is going to be monitoring what websites its 80 million users are going to. I would also keep from putting anything compromising on the USB partition since if it's a video or .jpeg its viewable within the Pre, and the employer can at any time take your phone. Putting it in USB mode is also not a secret - so you'd be outed like that, too.

Also, as unlikely as it is, tracking a device with a dynamic address wouldn't be that hard because each time the phone starts a data session it's going to authenticate with the user/pass, which is unique to each account.
    i would think that if your company was concerned with what websites you visit on your phone they would set everyone up with a Blackberry and install BES. my guess is verizon isn't keeping records of websites on your business account.

If it's unlimited data then i doubt anyone is paying attention to the amount of data you're using either.

i could also be wrong...but it seems like a lot of work on your companies part to monitor all this stuff. BES would make the IT guy's life so much easier if monitoring where their employees go on the internet was a priority
    I really doubt your mom's new phone had a virus from "some music". That's not how virii work.

The trojan in question, TROJ_FRAUDLO.IA (notice the "fraud" in the title), is actually a fraud itself. It's not a "real" virus. It's one of those virii that convince you to use their anti-virus software, completing the whole circle.

I'm guessing you had the virus on YOUR computer, and initiating a sync or file transfer caused it to attack, and your anti virus caught that. I don't see ANY way that mom's pre-installed music had anything to do with a virus.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    I really doubt your mom's new phone had a virus from "some music". That's not how virii work.

The trojan in question, TROJ_FRAUDLO.IA (notice the "fraud" in the title), is actually a fraud itself. It's not a "real" virus. It's one of those virii that convince you to use their anti-virus software, completing the whole circle.

I'm guessing you had the virus on YOUR computer, and initiating a sync or file transfer caused it to attack, and your anti virus caught that. I don't see ANY way that mom's pre-installed music had anything to do with a virus.
    Sounds more plausible to me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12