1.    #1  
    Verizon customer here...

After owning - and LOVING - a Treo, I switched to a Blackberry Curve when my Treo crashed. I'd really like to go back to a Palm and experience the WebOS platform and would have considered it more carefully when my Verizon NE2 comes around this August. Now with the announcement of the Verizon upgrade deal for the Pre Plus, I'm not sure if I should take advantage now or wait it out and see if perhaps Palm rolls out a new product over the summer before my contract ends in August.

I agree that if Palm is going to make a bold move to turn itself around, it will have to happen soon and I'd like to benefit from that. On the other hand, I really can't stand my Blackberry and wonder if I should just go for it and make the switch now given the opportunity.

I should also note that one of the reasons I want so desperately to go back to Palm is for my beloved Pimlico Datebk calendar app, which has been very hard to live without on my Blackberry. Of course that presents another issue, since the current DateBk6 does not currently run on WebOS and I would have to run it on Classic.

Not losing sleep over this, LOL, but I'm curious as to what you all would do.

Thanks!
    i thought they said the upgrade is only available to people with dumb phones, well as as dumb is blackberry is, I think they classify it as a Smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
    Verizon customer here...

After owning - and LOVING - a Treo, I switched to a Blackberry Curve when my Treo crashed. I'd really like to go back to a Palm and experience the WebOS platform and would have considered it more carefully when my Verizon NE2 comes around this August. Now with the announcement of the Verizon upgrade deal for the Pre Plus, I'm not sure if I should take advantage now or wait it out and see if perhaps Palm rolls out a new product over the summer before my contract ends in August.

I agree that if Palm is going to make a bold move to turn itself around, it will have to happen soon and I'd like to benefit from that. On the other hand, I really can't stand my Blackberry and wonder if I should just go for it and make the switch now given the opportunity.

I should also note that one of the reasons I want so desperately to go back to Palm is for my beloved Pimlico Datebk calendar app, which has been very hard to live without on my Blackberry. Of course that presents another issue, since the current DateBk6 does not currently run on WebOS and I would have to run it on Classic.

Not losing sleep over this, LOL, but I'm curious as to what you all would do.

Thanks!
    I thought it was only for people with "dumbphones"... Apparently 3g phones won't work..
    I just switched from a BB Storm to the Pre. I'm glad I did. I'm not sure the hotspot offer will still be available for the Palm in August however. That was a big seller for me.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Go for it. Love my Pre. Play with it in the store don't let V talk you out of it. After you mess with it in person you will know if it's right for you.

(Still, go for it.. )
    Sweet phone, buy the Pre!