1.    #1  
    I was just wondering if anyone knew if palm (or if the homebrew community) is working on a 4g patch/upgrade for the Pre. I think it should be do-able unless it actually requires different hardware. It would definitely make the Pre a much more impressive device. Also, can the pre be used as a mobile hotspot?
    Just curious.
    I will probably upgrade to the HTC Evo but I'm going to wait till June/July. I don't think I'd ever abandon my Pre though...I love this thing!
    the pre doesn't have a 4G radio so it's impossible. This has been asked a bunch of times already.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    the pre doesn't have a 4G radio so it's impossible. This has been asked a bunch of times already.
    That's what they want you to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    That's what they want you to think.
    lol....
    well it is possible, but involves some jack bauer tactics to go along with it
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    DAMMIT CHLOE!! I want 4G on my Pre... Hassan's life DEPENDS on it. ... Oh wait.
    Sometimes it seems like a curse knowing so much about cell phone technology and how things work. Sometimes I'd like to be like the OP and actually think that a simple patch could add amazing features like 4G... I wanna dream too!

(This isn't meant as an insult to you, OP )
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    DAMMIT CHLOE!! I want 4G on my Pre... Hassan's life DEPENDS on it. ... Oh wait.
    LOL, It was PRE recorded!!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    There is some type of patch that uses the WiFi radio to pick up some type of WiMax. Makes sense since they can theoretically run on on the same frequency bands if you have root access to the radio tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Sometimes it seems like a curse knowing so much about cell phone technology and how things work. Sometimes I'd like to be like the OP and actually think that a simple patch could add amazing features like 4G... I wanna dream too!

I know, the more you know, the harder it is to be happy.. Like when your 10, and thinking about politics, and your just like o, when i'm older i'll do this, and everything will be fine... Then the more you learn, your just like "wow, the presidents Fucged no matter what he does..."
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Ha!!! Good one notaphonegeek! I LOL'd to that one.
    The link is to a Rick Astley Video.
    I KNEW there was more to Rick Asley than just that soulful voice, and this proves it!

Come on Rick... Show me the WiMax!
    [QUOTE=emuneee;2361848]There is some type of patch that uses the WiFi radio to pick up some type of WiMax. Makes sense since they can theoretically run on on the same frequency bands if you have root access to the radio tuner.

[URL]
    But, seriously... Can this be done?

[QUOTE=emuneee;2361848]There is some type of patch that uses the WiFi radio to pick up some type of WiMax. Makes sense since they can theoretically run on on the same frequency bands if you have root access to the radio tuner.

[URL]
    Quote Originally Posted by pelikan3 View Post
    But, seriously... Can this be done?
    simply put... No
    The Pre can easily be a mobile hotspot. 4G requires a new radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G