1.    #1  
    Please help . Got a new replacement Pre at the sprint store today. When signing into the Palm Profile I got every contact and app, but no photos. Alot of important photos were lost.

Thanks for you help in advance!
    for pictures, you hook up your phone to the computer, and put it in usb mode, then copy it...
  3.    #3  
    the phone was taken by sprint and was not workable.
    I don't think photos are backed up...
  5.    #5  
    ah damn were of me and my friend , died of cancer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't think photos are backed up...
    You are correct.

What Palm profile data is and is not backed up: Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Using Backup
  7.    #7  
    is it possible to get my old phone back and get the pictures transferred?
    go back to store FIRST thing tomorrow.. and tell them it's important to you... hopefully they haven't shipped it off yet.. the phone should at least go into usb mode.. like a usb sitck.. and you can just drag it over..
    Quote Originally Posted by jbloomfield99 View Post
    is it possible to get my old phone back and get the pictures transferred?
    It never hurts to try. If you traded at a local Sprint, Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc, try what Antonio says. I'd even give the location a call right when they open to make sure you have the earliest chance of contacting them.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    go back to store FIRST thing tomorrow.. and tell them it's important to you... hopefully they haven't shipped it off yet.. the phone should at least go into usb mode.. like a usb sitck.. and you can just drag it over..
    Depending on what is wrong with the device will depend on if you can get the device into USB mode. If the touch screen is not working try using this combination on the keyboard orange + sym + U.

This will force USB drive mode.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I love the Palm Profile backup deal. However, it's a major bummer that some things are not backed up, such as pictures, speed dial settings (??), and a couple other things that seem like it should not be a problem. Again, having 80-90% of the things on my phone backed up saves a ton of time, and I don't have to wait until I get to a computer to restore my phone (unlike the iPoop).

Does anyone know of a patch or app that allows you to backup more than what's included in the Palm Profile backup, while retaining the same level of transparency and smooth integration of the Palm Profile backup?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    I love the Palm Profile backup deal. However, it's a major bummer that some things are not backed up, such as pictures, speed dial settings (??), and a couple other things that seem like it should not be a problem. Again, having 80-90% of the things on my phone backed up saves a ton of time, and I don't have to wait until I get to a computer to restore my phone (unlike the iPoop).

Does anyone know of a patch or app that allows you to backup more than what's included in the Palm Profile backup, while retaining the same level of transparency and smooth integration of the Palm Profile backup?
    How long do you think backing up all that data will take?
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    How long do you think backing up all that data will take?
    Actually, not long on a nightly basis--it's just an incremental backup.

The restore time is what would take a while. But, heck, my restore today took almost 1.5 hours , but I was COMPLETELY OK WITH THAT, because that is MUCH quicker and more efficient than I could do it manually.

Offer me a fee for service, and I'll gladly ante up.
    Every single user backing up over 7gb of data can consume quite a bit of space. It would be nearly impossible to be able to plan for that. Especially if Palm is to expand into offering devices with larger data capacities.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Planning is not the issue. Palm can plan for this the same as they plan for current backup strategies--its just that the numbers change. Cost of storage is the main issue, and for that I am willing to pay an annual fee. Should not be an unsolvable issue.