1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there was a way to doctor a pre plus with the sprint rom? I love my pre, but if I could doctor a pre plus and have double memory then why the hell not! lol.
    I dont think anyone understands what you wrote. Do you have a Pre or Pre Plus? If you have a Sprint Pre and want more memory...Not gonna happen, A "Rom" doesnt do this. Hardware does and the Sprint Pre lacks this that the Verizon Pre Plus does.
    yeah im kinda lost to which one you have, but i think that you have a pre+ and trying to us a sprint rom.
    i think he has a Pre but would get a Pre Plus if he could get the sprint setup on it
    I love the way how we are all taking a shot at cracking the code lol
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hmm, so if I flash the chip in my little Chevy with the ROM from a Ford truck, it would turn my 4-cylinder engine into a V8? Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way to doctor a pre plus with the sprint rom? I love my pre, but if I could doctor a pre plus and have double memory then why the hell not! lol.
    You guys obviously all didn't take the time to read. He loves his Pre, but would get a Pre+ (ebay, craigslist, etc) if you could flash the Verizon phone with the Sprint Rom. Give the guy a break....
    Quote Originally Posted by mnuttall87 View Post
    You guys obviously all didn't take the time to read. He loves his Pre, but would get a Pre+ (ebay, craigslist, etc) if you could flash the Verizon phone with the Sprint Rom. Give the guy a break....
    OOOOoooooohhhhh OK now it makes sense, i swear i read it three times, but it makes sense now, thanks.
    Haha, didn't mean to come off offensive...just saying. But to the OP: I'm not entirely sure that is possible, but both phones are CDMA so I'm guessing there could be a way?
    I think i read some thread around here that said it was not, but i cant find it . Just simply due to since their is slightly different hardware, the ROM changed slightly also. I'm sure the OS in the verizon ROM is design to run at its 512MB, and the sprint ROM is design to run at its 256MB. so i would have to say no, but not sure so don't go drilling me a new a-hole guys
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, I would like to take a pre plus and load a sprint rom on it, or basically doctor a pre plus with the latest sprint rom, so I could use the pre plus on the sprint network. I figured it was worth a shot to ask, since we have seen people boosting performance and everything else. I would think (not knowing alot about the roms of cell phones) that if someone can give it a 60% boost then why not edit it to utilize more memory. Idk, like I said, I was just curious. Thanks to the one person who read, and understood, my question. lmao.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    The secondary issue comes with actually activating it on sprint's network. As the ESN won't be in their system, they won't activate it on their network. You would need to clone the existing Sprint ESN onto your Pre Plus which, from what I understand is difficult and spotty at best even when completed properly.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Hmm, so if I flash the chip in my little Chevy with the ROM from a Ford truck, it would turn my 4-cylinder engine into a V8? Sweet.
    And to you sir, that analogy is lame. Here's a better one...take a mac, say a G3, and load linux or even windows on it. At one time was thought to be impossible, yet today it's a few google searches away from a full blown explanation. If you don't understand a question, maybe it's best just not to answer, rather than to come off as a ****.