Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I love the fact that verizon is offering this service free but I don't understand why it's so slow with my iPod touch. On my MacBook pro I get about 700 Kbps but on my iPod touch I'm lucky to get 50 Kbps. I really wish someone knew what was causing this because 99% of the time I use the app for my iPod touch and I want to get actual 3g speeds like on my laptop
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    I love the fact that verizon is offering this service free but I don't understand why it's so slow with my iPod touch. On my MacBook pro I get about 700 Kbps but on my iPod touch I'm lucky to get 50 Kbps. I really wish someone knew what was causing this because 99% of the time I use the app for my iPod touch and I want to get actual 3g speeds like on my laptop
    Same issue on the iPad. I can get 1.5m down with my macpro connected to the pre but the ipad is about 160kbps. Connected to my home wireless I get 10m down on the iPad.
    cuz apple sucks
    palm and apple dont mix simple as that
    Interesting, I just checked with my laptop and my n810, laptop pulled 1.0mbs and the n810 pulled 1.05mbs. this is on a sprint pre (with only 2ish bars of edge) I would say the problem is with the Ipod or at least with how it talks to the pre.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    palm and apple dont mix simple as that
    Palm and Apple dont mix? Have you ever used and jailbroken an Iphone? There is very few things that are different. iphone has cydia, We have preware. Both phones have icons on the screen, App's are identical: See Gameloft. The only way the iphone isnt like the Pre is multitasking. Anyway OP my iTouch it works great, I am not having any issues with Mhs.
    On your ipad/ipod what do you have the security set to? If you have the pre set to WPA/WPA2, you need to set it to that too. Or set the pre to Open.
    maybe apple put some crazy software in there to slow you down if your connected through a pre. Thus causing you to buy an iphone or the 3g ipad instead. This is how apple works. I hate them.
    I was showing off the Mobile Hotspot app to my brother-in-law and had a blazing fast download speed of 2.4 kilobytes per second. Welcome back to you my 56k modem.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I really doubt this is some big palm apple conspiracy... bc like I said my Apple MacBook Pro works just fine. I tried using an open network and still got the same slow speeds. There has to be something causing this I just don't know anything about software so I wouldn't even know how to try to find what is causing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    I really doubt this is some big palm apple conspiracy... bc like I said my Apple MacBook Pro works just fine. I tried using an open network and still got the same slow speeds. There has to be something causing this I just don't know anything about software so I wouldn't even know how to try to find what is causing this.
    Did you set it to open on both the ipod and pre? If you only set it to open on the pre, you may still get a slower speed. other than that, I am stumped.
    You don't perhaps have another wifi router on in your house too? if you do, turn the power off on that router. There could be some interference, that the macbook has no problem with, but the ipod does.
    i get 213k download its mobile internet that your sharing it isnt going to be that fast
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    i get 64k download its mobile internet that your sharing it isnt going to be that fast
    They are getting 700 Kbps on laptop but only 50 Kbs on iPod touch through wifi on pre. It really should be the same on both.
    +1 I noticed the same thing tethering my iPod Touch. Very slow (and disappointing).
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Get the unthrottle patch.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I tried a speed app that shows burst rates and the iPad gets an initial burst up to the 1.5 mega that the MacBook gets all the time. After the initial burst it gets throttled back to about 160 Kbps. A iPod touch does the same thing but everything else (other macs) get full speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
    Palm and Apple dont mix? Have you ever used and jailbroken an Iphone? There is very few things that are different. iphone has cydia, We have preware. Both phones have icons on the screen, App's are identical: See Gameloft. The only way the iphone isnt like the Pre is multitasking. Anyway OP my iTouch it works great, I am not having any issues with Mhs.
    theres a difference between cydia and preware....cydia is actually apps that dont get allowed in the app store and still cost money...preware u get (beta) free apps, patches, and themes.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I tested my macbook and got around 400 Kbs, and on iPod around 125Kbs using MHS. It must have to do with the different hardware between the MB and iPod. Typically all my smartphones only got speeds of 200 to 400Kbs at my house when using Verizon. Also when I tethered my macbook to my old BB Storm it was very slow too. You may have 3G, but depending on your location, and tower capacity, you may never achieve optimum speeds.
    I had 2 ipod touches connected and they were pretty slow loading a youtube video, I never watched it because I gave up. However, my dell laptop was pretty fast giving me almost 2MB down and .8MB up....could watch the same video fine on my laptop but it did not even load on the touch??
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast