1.    #1  
    I got my "refurb" Pre Plus from Verizon on Friday....can honestly say I have not had one instance of double, triple or quadruple letters on the "new" unit. I did not realize how bad it was until I got the replacement. I was considering replacing the original for the sole reason of the multi-type issues but was concerned when I was told I would be getting a refub. So..I put it off...

But then my Pre turned itself off, came back up in Spanish & froze in that mode....nothing helped. So...had to get a refurb...and I'm I ever grateful!! Just can't explain it, but everything seems smoother on this Pre.

Now if I could just get Classic apps to "recognize" my new phone...that would be awesome..been waiting since Saturday AM.....??? (Classic support must register your Pre serial # to activate the unit)
    Last edited by sherryterry1; 04/05/2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    Great to hear that the keyboard is getting better. Points to a HW issue. Hope your reliable behavior lasts.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by sherryterry1 View Post
    I got my "refurb" Pre Plus from Verizon on Friday....can honestly say I have not had one instance of double, triple or quadruple letters on the "new" unit. I did not realize how bad it was until I got the replacement. I was considering replacing the original for the sole reason of the multi-type issues but was concerned when I was told I would be getting a refub. So..I put it off...

But then my Pre turned itself off, came back up in Spanish & froze in that mode....nothing helped. So...had to get a refurb...and I'm I ever grateful!! Just can't explain it, but everything seems smoother on this Pre.

Now if I could just get Classic apps to "recognize" my new phone...that would be awesome..been waiting since Saturday AM.....??? (Classic support must register your Pre serial # to activate the unit)
    Same thing happened to me with my new pre plus, this new ones keyboard is so much better!!
    isn't it confirmed that it's impossible for the pre plus keyboard issue to be a software problem since no other webos devices exhibit the multi-letter behavior ?
  5.    #5  
    isn't it confirmed that it's impossible for the pre plus keyboard issue to be a software problem since no other webos devices exhibit the multi-letter behavior ?

Can't explain it...but all is good now...1st one (release date Pre Plus) had occ. double typing in first 3-4 weeks but became increasingly worse with time...no change/improvement with typing with upgrades, etc.

All I can say is, something is different (for the better) with this one.

I also want to dispel any anxiety about getting a refurb. Afterall, we all paid $$ for a new phone...who wants a refurb 4 months later??? But it is soo much better than new one...hope it lasts....
    yea refurbs generally are "like new" and if they're not you just go to round 3, round 4, etc.
  7.    #7  
    I will be more willing to go to 3, 4 & 5, etc if needed....
    so we don't think this is something that 1.4.1 will solve?
    I'm going to bring mine back in a few days because of my double type issue. Hopefullt I'll get a good one too
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Saw this in another thread and it's solved my double and triple type issues completely, and I had a lot of issues with it.
    All I did was go to pressing the keys more firmly, usually with a thumbnail. Sounds dumb, but it has completely resolved the issue.
    cccongrattttullationsss!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm on my 4th Pre Plus due to this issue. I finally called Palm directly, and they're going to swap/fix my phone themselves. Have to send it in and will be without a phone for a couple weeks, but I feel this is a better option than getting a 5th phone from Verizon.