Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    What a bummer experience. I have a launch Pre that has the "stuck in headset mode", I developed the USB side crack and just yesterday the F-ing power button popped off and is lost.

Sprint has told me they probably could have replaced it because of the headset issue but since I have a crack (in the paper thin side plastic) they can't fix it. "It's not a known issue" BULL $H1T. So I have to pay the $100. Why am I paying an extra $7 a month again?

I've also learned that my month-to-month plan has been magically changed into a 2 year contract? WTϜ?

I keep reading about people who are on their 3 & 4th Pre seeming to have no issues with customer Service, consider yourself lucky. Sprint just stone-walls me with my phone problems.

Alot of people ask me about my phone, I with tell them to avoid it like the plague and get an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    What a bummer experience. I have a launch Pre that has the "stuck in headset mode", I developed the USB side crack and just yesterday the F-ing power button popped off and is lost.

Sprint has told me they probably could have replaced it because of the headset issue but since I have a crack (in the paper thin side plastic) they can't fix it. "It's not a known issue" BULL ****. So I have to pay the $100. Why am I paying an extra $7 a month again?

I've also learned that my month-to-month plan has been magically changed into a 2 year contract? ***?

I keep reading about people who are on their 3 & 4th Pre seeming to have no issues with customer Service, consider yourself lucky. Sprint just stone-walls me with my phone problems.

Alot of people ask me about my phone, I with tell them to avoid it like the plague and get an iPhone.
    I believe your paying 7 a month so when something major happens and you lose a 500-600 dollar phone it only costs 100.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    $500-600 phone that cracks when you try and plug in the USB? Really?
    it's your delivery in getting things done. Sprint has two types of customer service...those that help and those that don't. Keep trying and don't let them know they're getting you upset (thats their out not to help...label you as aggressive) you will get someone who will help. Or you can jus leave this great phone and go to iphoney.
    Some people in here have posted that they bypassed Sprint and dealt with Palm CS. I think you have to give them a $100 deposit that is returned when they receive your old phone that you mail back to them.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I went to 2 different stores, explained to them the issues nice and polite said thank you when they game me the cards to call. Called up the repair told them about the issues in a cheerful voice... Response:

Sorry, that will be $100 please.
    As far as the 2 year agreement goes that always happens when you upgrade your phone if you buy it from Sprint or one of the Sprint phone outlets (Radio Shack, Best Buy). The only way to avoid that is to buy your phone from ebay, craiglist, etc.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    As far as the 2 year agreement goes that always happens when you upgrade your phone if you buy it from Sprint or one of the Sprint phone outlets (Radio Shack, Best Buy). The only way to avoid that is to buy your phone from ebay, craiglist, etc.
    hmm well I was told I could just be month-to-month as this was a new account with a Pre
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Sprint is relatively easy to deal with in my experiences...but it takes some time to get how things work and how to talk to them. I usually like the chat feature instead of the phone, but that is me. Also, I think the TEP is kind of a waste since the phone comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty. They are pretty clear that a replacement will cost $100, so I figured I'm protected for a year for free ($7 x 12 = $84 in savings...$100 replacement fee + $84 savings = new phone if necessary).

Tell the Sprint people to replace it under Palms warranty and it is supposed to be free.

As far as month to month...that person must have lied. They aren't able to give you a new phone without a 2-year agreement at the discounted price.
    Last edited by organix; 04/05/2010 at 07:20 PM.
    dude- forget sprint.,'

call palm directly at 877-426-3777

they will fix you up
    Strange. My launch Pre had a crack emanating from the USB door. I went to the store, I told them I had only opened it a few times because I mostly use my touchstone. They agreed to replace it and didn't fight me at all on it. Sorry to hear this happened to you.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    hmm well I was told I could just be month-to-month as this was a new account with a Pre
    Did you buy the Pre outright on ebay and bring it to Sprint, or did you pay the unsubsidized $449ish price for the phone?

If your answer is "No," then you knowingly entered into a 2-year contract upon purchase of the discounted phone + plan. If this is the case, then this resulting contractual obligation should have been fairly clear and obvious to you from the outset. Even if a rookie salesman somehow misspoke, there is signage everywhere along with the paperwork you signed stating the contrary. Sprint has its problems, but little blame can honestly be placed on Sprint (surely none on Palm) for this particular point.

So I have to pay the $100. Why am I paying an extra $7 a month again?
    Seriously man, read what you sign your name to. Your life will be much better off. The $7 allows you to grab a new Pre at a heavily discounted rate in the event of a catastrophic event destroying your phone and eating the crumbs.
    Last edited by Sayo; 04/05/2010 at 07:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post

Tell the Sprint people to replace it under Palms warranty and it is supposed to be free.
    I'd like to just reemphasize this. I went into a Sprint repair center today for a volume issue that I posted in another thread. They couldn't fix it and they said a replacement would be there tomorrow. I don't have TEP or anything and there is no charge. There is no reason you should pay a dime.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    dude- forget sprint.,'

call palm directly at 877-426-3777

they will fix you up
    so do you think that i really need the sprint 7 buck insurance if palm will replace it for me then, just trying to save some bucks since i have a spending limit and being charged an extra 5 bucks. i understand that if i lose it then im SOL, but i can always just get one from ebay i guess lol
    Go to Palm Directly, I have for years without issue.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
    Did you buy the Pre outright on ebay and bring it to Sprint, or did you pay the unsubsidized $449ish price for the phone?

If your answer is "No," then you knowingly entered into a 2-year contract upon purchase of the discounted phone + plan. If this is the case, then this result really should have been clear and obvious to you from the outset, and little blame can honestly be placed on Sprint (surely none on Palm) for this particular point.

Seriously man, read what you sign your name to, your life will be much better off. The $7 allows you to grab a new Pre at a heavily discounted rate in the event of a catastrophic event destroying your phone and eating the crumbs.
    Sprint doesn't do month-to-month on new accounts no matter if you bring your own phone, pay for the phone outright, etc. You can't start a new account with Sprint without a contract. Seriously, Bob, pay attention to what you sign...
    $500-600 phone that cracks when you try and plug in the USB? Really?
    I don't know about Sprint, but if I had issues like the power button or headphone jack - they would ship a replacement to me. It might cost me the deductible or not, depending on the problem. More often than not Verizon has just sent a replacement at no cost because I have 3 phones and spend a fortune with them (I assume that's why they are always so helpful).

Anyway, I wouldn't even bring up the crack and I certainly wouldn't take it in to the store for them to look at. Again, Sprint may handle things differently but I would expect verizon to send me a replacement (with or without the deductible charge) based on talking to support (I usually escalate to their Palm/PDA expert as soon as they answer the phone.) I am extremely nice to them, and they always rise to the occasion.

I think they owe you a replacement. However, I think paying the deductible wouldn't be unreasonable.

Also, how much does it cost to break your Sprint contract? It might be cheaper for you to pay Sprint for that, and then grab the dirt-cheap Pre+ that Verizon is selling now for $39...
    just go straight to palm... I had the usb crack and few sprint stores would not replace it so I went **** it and went with palm and removed my insurance from my account I'm not gonna pay 7 bucks for nothing...

oh yeah and the guys at sprint blamed me for using USB on the phone.... So what? usb is just there to be there and we should not use it because it will crack? forget it...

go with palm and advanced exchange and u will get a refurb in 2 days
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    It's too late, they already charged my CC $100. Non-refundable of course, why exactly? Who knows...

Bottom line is they are using this lame tiny cracked bit as an excuse to not replace my phone. Now I have to buy a TS charger because this will keep happening. What's next, too many scratches on the back of my phone because of the TS? "Oh sorry man that is visible DAMAGE"

I guess I don't know all these rules and techniques about skirting around Sprint and going to palm. Shame on me I guess.
    How do you start a new discussion? Post a question? Where is the button?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast