1.    #1  
    So my double typing keys are getting worse and since I got the phone the keyboard backlight has not been right. The lighting is not uniform and only maybe 5 keys in the middle are lit fully, the others are very dim, or have strips of bright light about 2mm across them and no lighting anywhere else.

I have tried the brightness unlinked patch which does make things brighter but the keys are still very dim on the sides.

I have also tried clicking every keyboard key over and over as has been suggested for the double typing, and while it seems to help for a bit, the next day I am back to square one.

My point: I think its time for a verizon replacement. I got the device on launch day so I am past my 30 trial. I am afraid of what condition my refurb will be in.

Im not talking about key backlight or double keys, Im talking about condition. My phone is either in my hand, or is back in its cloth pouch from day one, there is not a scratch on it. I'm worried that I will get some scratched up loose slider hand me down, through no fault of my own. What are peoples experiences with refurb pre pluses ?

Im looking to get these issues with my phone fixed, but dont want to sacrifice all the good things with mine: no slider issues, not a scratch on it all physical buttons work like ringer switch and such. I guess I am nitpicking but every time I use the phone in low lighting the bad backlighting on the keys is hard to work with... the double letters even more so.

I didnt return it within my 30 day window as the double letters did not start for about 2 weeks after I got it, and then I hoped that a software update would fix it.... maybe one still will fix it, but I know that wont fix my backlight.

Help me pre central ! What are your thoughts on refurbs, am I going to be dissapointed with what I get back ? Has anyone past 30 days with no device insurance ever gotten a NEW pre + ??
    Quote Originally Posted by gonthorn View Post
    Help me pre central ! What are your thoughts on refurbs, am I going to be dissapointed with what I get back ? Has anyone past 30 days with no device insurance ever gotten a NEW pre + ??
    I just received a refurb Pre from Asurion to replace my launch-day Pre that took a bath in a cup of nice, warm green tea. So far, the refurb's perfect--great slider, keyboard's fine, screen is perfect, etc. It's at least as good as the one it's replacing.

So, although everyone's mileage varies, my experience so far has been pretty good.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    get it replaced already lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by gonthorn View Post
    So my double typing keys are getting worse and since I got the phone the keyboard backlight has not been right. The lighting is not uniform and only maybe 5 keys in the middle are lit fully, the others are very dim, or have strips of bright light about 2mm across them and no lighting anywhere else.

I have tried the brightness unlinked patch which does make things brighter but the keys are still very dim on the sides.

I have also tried clicking every keyboard key over and over as has been suggested for the double typing, and while it seems to help for a bit, the next day I am back to square one.

My point: I think its time for a verizon replacement. I got the device on launch day so I am past my 30 trial. I am afraid of what condition my refurb will be in.

Im not talking about key backlight or double keys, Im talking about condition. My phone is either in my hand, or is back in its cloth pouch from day one, there is not a scratch on it. I'm worried that I will get some scratched up loose slider hand me down, through no fault of my own. What are peoples experiences with refurb pre pluses ?

Im looking to get these issues with my phone fixed, but dont want to sacrifice all the good things with mine: no slider issues, not a scratch on it all physical buttons work like ringer switch and such. I guess I am nitpicking but every time I use the phone in low lighting the bad backlighting on the keys is hard to work with... the double letters even more so.

I didnt return it within my 30 day window as the double letters did not start for about 2 weeks after I got it, and then I hoped that a software update would fix it.... maybe one still will fix it, but I know that wont fix my backlight.

Just got my replacement in today its sturdier than my new one and the keyboard actually works no double typing so far. And the most important to me was the pressing the key and no response has not appeared once in this refurb. It was great quality and no scratches looked brand new to me. I'm not sure if it was through Verizon or Asurion though I called verizon and the guy at tier 2 tech support ordered it for me.
    I've dealt with 3 refurb pres. Granted they were all on Sprint but if I didn't know they were refurbs I'd have thought they were brand new. I wouldn't worry about getting a refurb.
    see my thread..."no more double typing"...my refurb has been great so far...