1.    #1  
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    They should have droped them months ago.
    I love how the article focuses on how big a blow this is for the advertising company, and completely ignores the issue of what they did to the Palm marketing. :P
    Well, it is an advertising site. They don't really care much about how well Palm is doing, just like we don't care much about the advertiser.
  6.    #6  
    Whoops, my bad. I didn't see it on the front page of the P|C and not on the top few posts in the forums, so I assumed it hadn't been posted yet. My bad, guess I should have searched huh...

bout damn time...
    LOL... I was going to throw the "search first" mantra at you for laughs too!
    Shocker.
    ...and Palm supporters around the world rejoiced.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Jon after he saw the fan-made ad on youtube last week: "Wait, some guy on the internet made this ad!? Get our ****ing ad agency on the phone right now!"
  12.    #12  
    you know, I actually think this is a good first ad:

If they had started showing this constantly like a 2 weeks before the launch, I think Palm may have generated some interest. But then they needed to follow up with close ups of the phone functioning.

But, I am glad palm is onto bigger and better things (hopefully)

Good for Palm, this agency wasnt really garnering results
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    The article linked about Palm new marketing strategy is pretty interesting too.
    Mobile: How Palm's Pre, Pixi Missed With Marketing - Advertising Age - Digital
  15.    #15  
    that was a good read

Now if they will just hire the people that submitted ads in the PalmSpot contest...
    It explains why Palm kept targeting women in their ads. These guys used to have Cadillac. Do you all remember the Cadillac ads with the woman talking about her car like it was her favorite man-toy? Partly to make men think the Cadillac would excite their women, and partly to tell women that it made them powerful. I thought that was stupid and sexist just as I have the Palm commercials targeting women (even the new one does that).

So they lost two major clients with that sexist nonsense. Hopefully the rest of their clients will figure that out and dump them before they get hurt like Palm did.

Geesh.