Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I am wondering if any of you are seeing a problem when launching and/or trying to download anything from the Palm App Catalog? I sometimes get an error that says 'this cannot be done at this time' I close the app card and reopen and it usually works...but I cannot download anything...bar never moves. I also noticed in my updates list..there is a 'blank' app trying to download and cannot stop it. Searched the threads around and haven't seen anything in particular to this error. All themes where uninstalled first and ofcourse the patches before updating. All worked well before. Let me know if you guys have experienced anything like this.

Yep, "This cannot be done at this time" has happened to me a couple of times. I don't know the reason why, but as you said closing the Catalog app then reopening it solves the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Yep, "This cannot be done at this time" has happened to me a couple of times. I don't know the reason why, but as you said closing the Catalog app then reopening it solves the problem.
    Are you able to download apps normally from the catalog despite that error? I can't.
    I saw that happen to me when i tried to open an international app dunno what lingo it was in....and boom i got the message...i didnt try it after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman007 View Post
    Are you able to download apps normally from the catalog despite that error? I can't.
    Can you verify that this is with all apps or only certain apps? I'm not saying to try to download every application, but if you can state that every application you have tried fails then it's safe to assume all.

Also it might be worth noting if only apps in certain categories are affected. There was an issue with apps that are in the "what's new" section, but this has since been resolved.

So check what's new, try search. If you can confirm that you can not download any applications then we may be looking at a totally different issue all together.

Furthermore what device and carrier are you working with?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Can you verify that this is with all apps or only certain apps? I'm not saying to try to download every application, but if you can state that every application you have tried fails then it's safe to assume all.

Also it might be worth noting if only apps in certain categories are affected. There was an issue with apps that are in the "what's new" section, but this has since been resolved.

So check what's new, try search. If you can confirm that you can not download any applications then we may be looking at a totally different issue all together.

Furthermore what device and carrier are you working with?

Ya..I've tried with many different apps...old..new..etc None seem to download. Tried it on my friends pre and it all works normally. I am with Sprint
    Ya..I've tried with many different apps...old..new..etc None seem to download. Tried it on my friends pre and it all works normally. I am with Sprint
    Is your friend also on Sprint, or are they with Verizon?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Is your friend also on Sprint, or are they with Verizon?
    Sorry forgot to mention that..he is also on Sprint..works fine on his phone. He had the same patches as me and ran the same steps as I did before updating the OS.

Now another thing to note is that...in my 'updates list' It says a new update is available..so when I go to it..it does the usual..opens the app catalog and shows the download mgr screen. (All my apps are up to date)..However there is one 'app' at the top which has a Blank Square in it..and you cannot stop the 'download'...even though its not downloading anything. So not sure where that came from.
    Sorry forgot to mention that..he is also on Sprint..works fine on his phone. He had the same patches as me and ran the same steps as I did before updating the OS.

Now another thing to note is that...in my 'updates list' It says a new update is available..so when I go to it..it does the usual..opens the app catalog and shows the download mgr screen. (All my apps are up to date)..However there is one 'app' at the top which has a Blank Square in it..and you cannot stop the 'download'...even though its not downloading anything. So not sure where that came from.
    Can I get a screenshot of that? Please see your private messages for a message from me and please send a screenshot of that to the same email address.

Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  10.    #10  
    working on that now.
    might be a silly question but are any of you using the overclocking patches? My pre was running fine all day then I decided to try the 800mhz ipk (used the 800mzh patch before the 1.4.1.1 update) and started getting this error. Not saying it's the patch just trying to rule it out cuz I love the speed of it.
  12.    #12  
    nahh...not running the overclock patch.
  13.    #13  
    hardbeatz..i've sent you the information requested...let me know!
    Same thing is happening to me exactly.
    I'm getting "The Action Could Not Be Completed. Try Again Later"
    every time I try to launch the app catalog

Fresh OS Wipe using Web Dr 1.4.1.1

I know it works because i used it yesterday to get Pandora

But i've tried restarting twice and launch it at least a dozen times, still no go

Any ideas?
    Same problem wit App Catalog ............
    I was having LOTS of problems with the catalog yesterday, but seems to be working fine today
    I did not try, actually. I was just starting the App Catalog to see if there were any updates for my apps. It's still happening, though. Happened to me twice this morning.
    I'm having the exact same problem as described in original post.

Sprint

Nothing downloads from app catalog, and in "My Apps" view, there is a blank app at top (no icon) that appears to be constantly trying to download. Can't pause it or delete the download. No other app download makes any progress.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I dunno if this is related, but I'm with Sprint and have 1.4.1.1 and I can't download Facebook Beta 1.1.6. I'm able to download patches, non-App Catalog apps, and I just was able to update the Amazon deals app.... so I have no idea what's going on. When I try to download the Facebook Beta app the download bar just sits there. It's certainly not a pressing issue, but I can't figure out a reason why it doesn't want to download at all.. ha.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast