Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am on Sprint and I also cannot download any apps. It tells me that I have to many apps or files but I do not have any extra apps. and only a hand full of pictures and songs. I am not running the 800Mhz.
    I am on Sprint and am not having this problem.

I'm trying to help a friend set up a brand new phone today. She is on Verizon. When I tap the App Catalog, the yellow triangle with an exclamation in it appears with the words below reading, "The action could not be completed. Try again later."

Not a good way for my friend to start her Pre experience.
    I can't even DL the 1.4.1 update! beat that! i get "error cannot connect please try again"

I also can't dl the new facebook app.

I also can't dl ANYTHING off the app catelog (free or homebrew)

but I can surf the net and txt just fine

the pre is the biggest piece of sh_t I've ever seen
    I get the error message,but reopening solves the problem. I have no issues downloading or updating apps tho...
  5.    #25  
    Ok folks...so I sent some logs from me pre over to hardbeatz. They patched a few server side issues for the app catalog...that did not solve the download problem. I just finished running webos repair utility (Jason you rock btw)...it found some missing files and some other stuff....ofcourse was restored....Luna restarted..and ran the app catalog again. Still can't download anything. The apps in the download mgr..I can't resume some of them that were downloading previously...and I still have a blank download app on the top of the screen...cant get rid of it. Screenshot attached. Any ideas anyone...I know some people doctored their phones and app cat started working again...trying not to have to do that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman007 View Post
    Ok folks...so I sent some logs from me pre over to hardbeatz. They patched a few server side issues for the app catalog...that did not solve the download problem. I just finished running webos repair utility (Jason you rock btw)...it found some missing files and some other stuff....ofcourse was restored....Luna restarted..and ran the app catalog again. Still can't download anything. The apps in the download mgr..I can't resume some of them that were downloading previously...and I still have a blank download app on the top of the screen...cant get rid of it. Screenshot attached. Any ideas anyone...I know some people doctored their phones and app cat started working again...trying not to have to do that.
    I'm also having the same exact problem. My phone was doctored before the 1.4.1.1 update and everything worked fine until today.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    This seems to be a growing problem. I had this happen 2 days after 1.4.1.1 was released as well.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Can you verify that this is with all apps or only certain apps? I'm not saying to try to download every application, but if you can state that every application you have tried fails then it's safe to assume all.

Also it might be worth noting if only apps in certain categories are affected. There was an issue with apps that are in the "what's new" section, but this has since been resolved.

So check what's new, try search. If you can confirm that you can not download any applications then we may be looking at a totally different issue all together.

Furthermore what device and carrier are you working with?
    HardBeatz,

Any update on a possible fix. It seems like a issue for several Pre users.
    bump
    I feel your pain, been there - had that. Here's a couple of threads you may have missed:
    Grrrr, I only have 7 posts, so I can't give you the links.
    Search for: (search Titles Only)
    1) phantom app download catalog
    2) app catalog install fail

The second one worked for me - see spudland's fix. And don't forget to thank him...

There seems to be a wide array of problems with the app catalog, if neither of these work I suggest you keep searching - took me two days to find my particular solution.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwon View Post
    I feel your pain, been there - had that. Here's a couple of threads you may have missed:

The second one worked for me - see spudland's fix. And don't forget to thank him...

There seems to be a wide array of problems with the app catalog, if neither of these work I suggest you keep searching - took me two days to find my particular solution.

Good Luck!
    Obiwon,

Thanks. The 1st one worked. The solution is to erase the installhistory.db file. I followed the instructions in that thread and the problem is gone.

Paul
    I did not realize the issue has been around this long

Palm has logged this in its software issue tracking system. We endeavor to continuously improve our software quality and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are grateful to the community and will evaluate options based on customer feedback and software best practices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by obiwon View Post

Good Luck!
    obiwon...thanks for that...I will try it out and let you know...I should have searched a little better..
  14.    #34  
    obiwon..you rock man..the first one for deleting the db file worked..I can download 'official' apps again! w00t!...and Hardbeatz...thanks for all your help as well..it doesn't go unappreciated! =)
    Last edited by hashman007; 04/08/2010 at 05:18 PM.
    I'm having same problem...I'll try the fixes above
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    Any fix for this...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Any fix for this...

I am having these exact same issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by 305mobile View Post
    I am having these exact same issues...
    Did you resolve your problem with the App catalog? Is anybody else having this problem?

BTW: this is on Pre Plus and this problem started before the 1.4.1.1 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by belvedere View Post
    I dunno if this is related, but I'm with Sprint and have 1.4.1.1 and I can't download Facebook Beta 1.1.6. I'm able to download patches, non-App Catalog apps, and I just was able to update the Amazon deals app.... so I have no idea what's going on. When I try to download the Facebook Beta app the download bar just sits there. It's certainly not a pressing issue, but I can't figure out a reason why it doesn't want to download at all.. ha.
    I was in a similar situation. My would download, but not install. It would always say it needed to reboot to change system settings, but after reboot the install still fails. This only happens with APP catalog. Patches, system updates and preware apps work fine.
    I am having this exact same problem. I am also with Sprint. I had to WebOS Doctor my phone and when I was restoring my palm profile it downloaded one or two apps then hung up and wouldn't go any further. I was able to finally "pause" all app downloads then "delete all paused apps" but this still didn't allow me to download any other apps. I think that my next step will be to doctor my phone again and see if now with only the preinstalled apps if I can access the App Catalog and download. Has anybody else seen any different?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast