1.    #1  
    So I'm finally syncing music to my Pre for the first time and I was a bit surprised. I have a Sprint Pre and the available memory is something like 7.1 gigs I think. I plug it into my PC and start to sync through Windows Media Player and it says that I'll only have about 1 gig left after the sync! Man oh man I didn't think I had that many songs, so I check-- I'm only syncing 1,226 songs.

Is that right? That doesn't seem like 6 gigs worth of music, does it? Or am I way off?

PS As an aside, I will say that the syncing process on this phone is waaaaaaaaay faster than it was on my SE Walkman phone that I came from. That's awesome!
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    depends on the format you are using, length of songs and quality.. generally AAtrac compresses really well and saves a ton of space.. people also use WMA..
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    1226*5megs per song=6130megs. 6.1gigs
    I have the hardest time deciding what music to put onto my Pre.... I am taking 1/40 of my collection (6 gigs)
    1200 songs? How low of a bitrate are you using?

I've got around 300 in 4GB of space (3GB of apps), at 192-224 kbps.

As for the suggestions of ATRAC and WMA, neither of those formats are supported on the Pre.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    1200 songs? How low of a bitrate are you using?

I've got around 300 in 4GB of space (3GB of apps), at 192-224 kbps.

As for the suggestions of ATRAC and WMA, neither of those formats are supported on the Pre.
    I.... have no idea. I just ripped a bunch of my CDs onto my computer using WMP at default settings.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS