1.    #1  
    The latest webOS 1.4.1.1 allows for audio capture in the camcorder app now! Now if it would only do orientation detection!
    I can't find it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    I can't find it.
    It was just there. I recorded a video of my kids and when I played it back, there was sound. Aerial acrobatics gone awry - antFarm
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantone View Post
    It was just there. I recorded a video of my kids and when I played it back, there was sound. Aerial acrobatics gone awry - antFarm
    Sorry, but that has been there since the initial release in 1.4. There are many videos on youtube to confirm this...
    I took 4 videos this weekend. Two had audio and two ended up not having audio. The ones missing the audio were the most important ones. So far my experience with video and the pre has not been stellar.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Sorry, but that has been there since the initial release in 1.4. There are many videos on youtube to confirm this...
    Fair enough, I never had a video with audio until yesterday. Though, admittedly, after the first few didn't have audio, I kinda gave up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    I took 4 videos this weekend. Two had audio and two ended up not having audio. The ones missing the audio were the most important ones. So far my experience with video and the pre has not been stellar.
    Haha, ya, everytime I've recorded video FOR the audio, its never grabbed audio Then when I'm goofing around or trying to get it to grab audio afterwards it does.
    Weird, every video I've ever recorded has had audio, even when it was a hackjob a few months ago. Volume is much louder with official recording, however.
    no 'Thanks'
    ever since updating to 1.4.1.1 ive had audio in all my video recordings
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I think an issue a lot of people have with this is possibly killing the camera app to quickly. When the pre records a video (audio+video) it records them as two separate files and then wraps them together. I had this problem with the home-brew video app. If you kill the video camera app before it's done writing the file together sometime you won't get the audio. Not sure this is whats causing the problem but thought id mention it. As long as I leave the video cam in the background until the video shows up in my video roll they have all been fine.
    Also if you have headphones in while recording it will not capture any sound. That is unless you have headphones with a built in microphone in them like the ones the Pre came with.
    The Pre's Headphones came with a built in Mic?
    ^^ Yes it did lol..
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    what type of file does it save it as when it does make a recording?
    when you copy it off to a computer it is one file right?

Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I think an issue a lot of people have with this is possibly killing the camera app to quickly. When the pre records a video (audio+video) it records them as two separate files and then wraps them together. I had this problem with the home-brew video app. If you kill the video camera app before it's done writing the file together sometime you won't get the audio. Not sure this is whats causing the problem but thought id mention it. As long as I leave the video cam in the background until the video shows up in my video roll they have all been fine.
    i honestly didn't know there was an audio problem. my problem, that they seem not to care about is that when im recording and get a txt or im the recording stops! soooo annoying especially when your recording something spontaneous. has this ever happen to anyone else? ive posted this in several other cam related threads but always seems over looked.
    Quote Originally Posted by VenpaCasa View Post
    i honestly didn't know there was an audio problem. my problem, that they seem not to care about is that when im recording and get a txt or im the recording stops! soooo annoying especially when your recording something spontaneous. has this ever happen to anyone else? ive posted this in several other cam related threads but always seems over looked.
    I've never ran across this before. Worth looking into. Especially for a multitasking machine. I'm sure there will be a patch for it. Or better yet. You should send a patch request in a form of a thread. That's where you'll fine like minded people. I may be one after I find out that mine is doing that.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    I've never ran across this before. Worth looking into. Especially for a multitasking machine. I'm sure there will be a patch for it. Or better yet. You should send a patch request in a form of a thread. That's where you'll fine like minded people. I may be one after I find out that mine is doing that.
    idk how to add a patch request lol but I just found out that my gf's friend's hd2 does the same thing..... Idk maybe it's normal? And about the patch request, if it's easier for you to make the request do that and pm me the link.... I guess give me credit for the find at least he he....