1.    #1  
    The ESPN Mobile TV is saying that Reds vs. Cardinals is supposed to be on right now, but it's just ESPNNEWS. Does anybody know if mobile TV is actually going to be showing live games, or just worthless ESPNNEWS constantly?
    the laketrs game was on the other night. So there will be SOME live games but It is mostly repetitive news unfortunately.
  3.    #3  
    that's bullcrap if that's true. What is the point of having it if it's just the same junk all the time. Give me opening day baseball or don't show it on the guide!!!!
    That's weird. I'm not in either of those markets and the game isn't showing either so it's not a blackout issue.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I can guarantee you that you will not be able to watch live MLB games via an ESPN app. They have the license for TV but not for computer or mobile. MLB guards that very tightly and charges a good size fee to consume.
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    I can guarantee you that you will not be able to watch live MLB games via an ESPN app. They have the license for TV but not for computer or mobile. MLB guards that very tightly and charges a good size fee to consume.
    That's probably what it is.

Silly to put it on the program guide though...
  7.    #7  
    the part that is most irritating is that it is listed in the program guide. Got me all excited that I would be able to watch baseball at work. What a completely worthless service.
    From the Sprint PRPRPR: $ESPN$ $Mobile$ $TV$ $coverage$ $during$ $March$ $and$ $April$ $will$ $feature$ $more$ $than$ $100$ $live$ $events$ $and$ $over$ $250$ $hours$ $of$ $coverage$ $for$ $Sprint$ $customers$ $with$ $this$ $new$ $agreement$ $beginning$ $just$ $in$ $time$ $for$ $fans$ $to$ $watch$ $the$ $Big$ $12$ $and$ $Big$ $East$ $Conference$ $Championship$ $basketball$ $games$ $on$ $Sprint$ $mobile$ $devices$. $Programming$ $and$ $live$ $events$ $through$ $April$ $include$:

* 23 Live Men's NCAA Basketball Games (including Conference Championship games)
    * 19 Live Women's NCAA Basketball Championship Games
    * 9 NBA Playoff Games
    * 15 Regular Season NBA Games
    * 30 Live NBA Fastbreak Shows
    * 10 Regular Season MLB Games
    * 50 Live Baseball Tonight Studio Shows
    * 3 College Football Spring games
    * 3 Live Friday Night Fights
    * 3 Live NCAA Hockey Championship Games
    * 5 Live MLS Matches

Guess that one doesn't count.
  9.    #9  
    maybe they will show the 4:00 game today. Not counting on it, though. Thanks for the info.
    They are showing Tiger's press conference at the Masters, maybe after, they go to a MLB game?
    how do i down load ESPN TV app? cant find it in app catalog or preware.. any clue guys?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    how do i down load ESPN TV app? cant find it in app catalog or preware.. any clue guys?
    It's located in the Sprint TV App.
    sorry dude this is in the Sprint TV app. Only available to sprint customers.
    You access it from the SprintTV app. It's listed under the "Live" category.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I am quite confused about the espn situation. As others have noted, the channel is mostly ESPN news. There is an ESPN premium version for $6 month. I have seen SOME ESPN programming on the sprint TV free channel (e.g. women's NCAA tourney), but all masters coverage, for example, was not streaming.

Has anyone subscribed to ESPN premium? Is the premium channel now free for Sprint customers? I went through several sprint csrs (including managers) and no one was very certain about the answer. finally, a rep tentatively said that there is a subscription fee still for premium. I did ask how much sense the press release made in that case but there really was no satisfying reply.

HOnestly, I'm still uncertain about the status of this thing. anyone try to subscribe to premium and not get charged?
    It should be the live one, like when we had the NFL network! LIVE. I wounder if well get to see monday night game's on espn?
    I think expectations shouldn't be high for this, whatever we get from ESPN is better than nothing.
    It's too bad we won't have ESPN's live NFL Draft coverage but I'll use Radio Time to listen to an ESPN Radio station's.
    I read and tried this for NCAA Basketball - I'm a Butler fan. It didn't work, so called Cust. Serv - had to subscribe for $6 a month. Then all I got for live was a scripted play by play, nothing live like above.
    It took him 10 minutes to find this info. He ended up giving me a $6 credit to try it since it was advertised, but I found no games. My month is almost up so will be unsubscribing, keep searching but find nothing, definitely not worth the extra dollars to keep.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I read and tried this for NCAA Basketball - I'm a Butler fan. It didn't work, so called Cust. Serv - had to subscribe for $6 a month. Then all I got for live was a scripted play by play, nothing live like above.
    It took him 10 minutes to find this info. He ended up giving me a $6 credit to try it since it was advertised, but I found no games. My month is almost up so will be unsubscribing, keep searching but find nothing, definitely not worth the extra dollars to keep.
    Of course it didn't work, the NCAAs air on CBS, not ESPN (well, except the play-in game).
    ESPN Mobile is NOT the ESPN you get on TV. There are times they will air the same programming but ESPN Mobile is a channel that ESPN airs on, duh, mobile networks like Sprint.
    You won't see the NFL Draft or MNF, the NFL won't allow ESPN to do it.
    I would love to be wrong but knowing the NFL, I doubt it.
    Enjoy what we get as part of our Sprint data packages.