1.    #1  
    SPB's Free Streaming TV App Now Available for the webOS

SPB TV webOS Software SPB Software

SPB's Free Streaming TV App Now Available for the webOS

Palm Pre and Pre Plus users who would like to watch TV on their smartphones now have a free option. SPB TV is a subscription-free mobile IPTV viewer, which gives users access to over a hundred publicly available digital TV channels from all over the world.

These channels are heavy on news reporting, but also include comedy, sci-fi, westerns, science, and more.

This app offers a TV browser with a full-screen player, quick channel previews, a guide for all offered channels, quick channel switching, and more.

SPB TV for webOS is advertiser supported. Ads last only the amount of time necessary to buffer the stream when starting a channel.

Pricing and Availability
    This app can be downloaded from the on-device App Catalog for free, and there is also no monthly subscription fee.

It is compatible with Palm Pre and Palm Pre Plus devices with webOS 1.4 and above. It will become compatible with the Palm Pixi and Palm Pixi Plus when webOS 1.4.1 becomes available.

VIDEO of the app

FREE app ?
    Last edited by akitayo; 04/05/2010 at 10:53 AM.
    Good app, wish it had some better shows..

lots of News and Euro..

more sports
  3.    #3  
    something is good, more much better. new updates will come for sure.
    It's been out for a month now, there's a thread on it in the apps and software section.
    It's a nice thing to have and they've done a great job with SPB.
    Great application! Yes, the channel lineup isn't going to be incredible, but you have to remember that this app is simply streaming from websites that stream content for free. For instance, if you go to a local Fox station on your computer and click the 'watch now' button, you will be able to stream the local morning show, but will get traffic cams and weather during non-news times and commercials. This is the same feed this application picks up. To add more prime-time content, they would have to purchase licenses for each item and the program wouldn't be free (or even cheap) at that point.

If you are looking for something to use during times of boredom... this is a great app! I use of on the train in the mornings to watch the local morning show on Fox on the way to work. The old sci-fi channel is fun, and the western channel has had some good movies on it too!

BTW... this app is being made available for FREE for the WebOS community. If you check the pricing... Android, Blackberry, Symbian, and WinMo devices have to pay $10-15 for it (iPhone is the only other to get it free). Pretty cool!

A big thumbs-up to the developers!
    Noticed that even a short bit of streaming warmed up my Palm Pre and zapped the battery ... so don't go overboard when you're away from a spare battery or the charger.

I did notice an interesting advertisement while the channel was buffering.

this app is great! free app and content are always welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gben83 View Post
    this app is great! free app and content are always welcome.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    Noticed that even a short bit of streaming warmed up my Palm Pre and zapped the battery ... so don't go overboard when you're away from a spare battery or the charger.

I did notice an interesting advertisement while the channel was buffering.

Is that a big 'ol USB crack happening on the side of your Pre?

Yep, the P|C advertisement has been there since the app was released to WebOS! Pretty awesome since iPhone and all the others get to see it too!
    Great to see some nice apps like this for the Pre. People need to download and try it out at least. That encourages developers to continue to develop apps for the Pre. The more interest we show, maybe better channels we will get.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    A kickstand would have been nice I bet to watch that TV show.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Great to see some nice apps like this for the Pre. People need to download and try it out at least. That encourages developers to continue to develop apps for the Pre. The more interest we show, maybe better channels we will get.
    +1 And please leave some positive comments/reviews after downloading. The OP has been awesome at responding to everyone in his main thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Is that a big 'ol USB crack happening on the side of your Pre?
    Been living with it getting bigger all the time. Started as just a little USB side type crack and keep expanding. I've been waiting for it to affect usability before having to fork over more dollars. Personally I think its a poor design or material since it has not been abused or dropped, but that's a discussion in a different thread.

Here's the beginning back at the end of 2009:

And now 4 month later it has expanded to this:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, if not, please advise where this should belong.

I downloaded this & tried it, was on the FOX LA page, then my Pre froze, after about 1 min, the screen went pink, then the phone shut down. It wouldn't start back up, so I popped the back open & pulled the battery. When I try to restart it, it's just stuck on that screen where it just has "Palm" in the middle of the screen. It's not going anywhere.

Please advise what I should do? run webosdoctor? I don't even have my USB cable here at work...

Any other advice? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddogg View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, if not, please advise where this should belong.

I downloaded this & tried it, was on the FOX LA page, then my Pre froze, after about 1 min, the screen went pink, then the phone shut down. It wouldn't start back up, so I popped the back open & pulled the battery. When I try to restart it, it's just stuck on that screen where it just has "Palm" in the middle of the screen. It's not going anywhere.

Please advise what I should do? run webosdoctor? I don't even have my USB cable here at work...

Any other advice? Thanks!
    Do you have a Pre or a Pre+? Pull the battery again, but leave it out for at least 5 mins and then retry. It should work this time, but you may have to re-enter your Palm profile. Let me know what happens, please.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  16.    #16  
    You are welcome.

good to know you are enjoying it
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    Do you have a Pre or a Pre+? Pull the battery again, but leave it out for at least 5 mins and then retry. It should work this time, but you may have to re-enter your Palm profile. Let me know what happens, please.
    I've pulled the battery multiple times already, it just gets to the Palm logo, won't boot past that... i've tried contacting Verizon. They were no help. I can't even use webosdoctor, as the computer doesn't detect it. please help!
    I've pulled the battery multiple times already, it just gets to the Palm logo, won't boot past that... i've tried contacting Verizon. They were no help. I can't even use webosdoctor, as the computer doesn't detect it. please help!
    I'm sorry I was of no help. Perhaps leave the battery out longer? Over night and then see how it responds in the morning?
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Please see my directions in your other thread.

Sorry to hijack your thread OP!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/05/2010 at 11:33 PM.