1.    #1  
    hey guys. the end of last week i claimed my phone under insurance through asurion. (i'm with sprint) my phone is pretty banged up and figured i could pay the 100 bucks and get it replaced to hold me over until the Evo comes out.

anywho. the replacement phone i recieved was no good, it just says it's encountered a problem and cannot continue when i turn it on. i've tried WebOS doctor and it fails at 64%.

thats not the issue, i've talked to asurion and they're sending me another replacement. the issue is this morning i dropped my first replacement and now there is a small chip on the lower right corner and i'm scared to death they are going to try to say i did something to cause the initial problem.

i'm not sure if i should call them and explain the situation or just send out the first replacement and hope for the best...

i don't want to be charged full price for a new device. i'm not trying to one-up the insurance company and don't want them thinking that i am

any help/suggestions? thanks guys
    i doubt that matters to them as long the the internals are fine, i think they take the phone apart and put the internals in new casing w/ new sliders.

i got my asurion replacement last week and that thing is sweet. slider feels completely different and exterior is brand new. not a singe fingerprint or scratch.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    the casing probably cost them idk, mayb 15 and i'm sure they purchase in bulk to get discount, so they take phone apart, replace certain parts and then put it in new casing probably spend 20 bux in parts sell it again for $100 nice profit

Your fine. The phone is already problematic and or busted anyway. I would be shocked if they give you crap about it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    if it makes you feel better, i had an extra centro battery laying around i pulled my old palm pre battery out sent it back w/ a centro battery lmao...

6.    #6  
    thanks guys...haha yeah they said just the phone no accessories (and it's printed on the return envelope)....so i'm gonna get two batteries and back covers out of the deal as well
    Quote Originally Posted by edgemaster191 View Post
    thanks guys...haha yeah they said just the phone no accessories (and it's printed on the return envelope)....so i'm gonna get two batteries and back covers out of the deal as well
    I'd be careful with that. I think they still mean they want the phone, back, and battery.. When I sent them my 2 week old launch Pre I sent it back with the battery and cover - but I did get a second charger and earphones with it since they sent me a N.I.B. unit.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I'd be careful with that. I think they still mean they want the phone, back, and battery.. When I sent them my 2 week old launch Pre I sent it back with the battery and cover - but I did get a second charger and earphones with it since they sent me a N.I.B. unit.
    i don't have a problem sending the stuff back, i might send it anyways. i ordered a seidio 2600mah battery yesterday for it

the guy on the phone was clear about not sending any accessories or batteries though and i confirmed it with him.

maybe i'll keep one set and send back the ones sent with the first replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgemaster191 View Post
    i don't have a problem sending the stuff back, i might send it anyways. i ordered a seidio 2600mah battery yesterday for it

the guy on the phone was clear about not sending any accessories or batteries though and i confirmed it with him.

maybe i'll keep one set and send back the ones sent with the first replacement.
    If he confirmed it than fair game!

When I did mine they told me phone, backing and battery, which didn't matter to me anyways since I was getting a brand new unit and brand new battery.. but it would be nice to have a backup
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Yes, with Asurion most times they just want the defective model back, no battery, no accessories, since it adds to the weight. It usually states that on the mailer bag they include as well.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Yes, with Asurion most times they just want the defective model back, no battery, no accessories, since it adds to the weight. It usually states that on the mailer bag they include as well.
    I didn't remember seeing anything on the mailer bag about leaving the battery.. like I said I wouldn't mind 2 batteries
    I've never included the battery when shipping my defective phone to Asurion and have not been notified that anything was missing.
  13.    #13  
    thanks everyone for the quick replies!

my second replacement should be here in a few hours. hopefully it's in good working order when i get it