Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    it is a cdma limitation. Switch to AT&T ir T-mobile. Sorry.
    I've never had gsm either and I could always hang up one person. Well iden wasn't cdma but sprint is and I THINK I was able to with my instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I've never had gsm either and I could always hang up one person. Well iden wasn't cdma but sprint is and I THINK I was able to with my instinct.
    Nextel's IDEN is different than CDMA. Even though Sprint bought Nextel several years ago, the networks and their individual capabilities have never been merged.
    its a CDMA limitation... its not just the pre

why not ask the person on the "other" line to end the call for you so you can continue to talk with the other person??
    like to just hang up on one line and not both calls cuz the only option you got is to hang up on all calls! is there a patch for that or something?

thanks in advance
    Tony
    I could have sworn you can switch between calls or merge the calls even.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    I'm pretty sure when a new call comes in, you have the option(red) of ignore or (green) switch to new caller.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfolkz10 View Post
    like to just hang up on one line and not both calls cuz the only option you got is to hang up on all calls! is there a patch for that or something?

thanks in advance
    Tony
    I have the same problem making that possible. I've contacted my phone carrier, and they told me that's how cdma phones operate. I don't know of any available patch that could fix that.
    Last edited by RUSH; 10/22/2010 at 11:08 AM.
    the problem isnt clicking over or even merging the calls its hanging up on a call on the other line after you answer it.
    This has been discussed in many threads and is completely a limitation of CDMA - no matter what network you are on.

According to the Pre User Manual (page 94) and it says that there are only two ways to end a conference call:

1) hang up and end all calls
    2) and I quote "Ask one of the callers to hang up, so you can stay connected to the other call."

<threads merged>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/22/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    I haven't read through all the responses yet but on my Instinct when I did a 3 way call I could hang up the other calls myself. It was on Sprint. Of course that wasn't a 'smart phone' though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I haven't read through all the responses yet but on my Instinct when I did a 3 way call I could hang up the other calls myself. It was on Sprint. Of course that wasn't a 'smart phone' though.
    I swear on my Sprint Instinct that feature was possible. Yes, I was able to hang-up on one person without ending all calls. I'm remembering now, I believe Palm Phones doesn't carry that capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I swear on my Sprint Instinct that feature was possible. Yes, I was able to hang-up on one person without ending all calls. I'm remembering now, I believe Palm Phones doesn't carry that capability.
    I also know my sisters Verizon Blackberry (umpitywhatever) can do it too. My husbands MotoQ on Altel then Verizon could do it....of course now that he has a Pre he can't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I also know my sisters Verizon Blackberry (umpitywhatever) can do it too. My husbands MotoQ on Altel then Verizon could do it....of course now that he has a Pre he can't do it.
    I guess that's also one of the limitation on Palm Phones. That's not a biggie though ~ that I can live with, some others > no way. :-)
    I rarely use the 3way or conference call feature....wait I don't think I have every intentnionally used it and I never answer a call waiting call on my phone either. I have voice mail..if you call and I'm on another call leave me a message and I'll call you back.
    I have had one the people hang up and return to the other call. The other line never hangs up even the the person is no longer there. If it was a landline call the minutes continue to be charged. There is not a limitation to the CDMA network. If you find it in the spec, post it here.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123