Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It is definitely a CDMA network issue. I think it has to do with call signalling being handled from the network rather than from the phone, but I'm no expert. I do know it has worked this way on all Verizon phones I've ever had.
    The Centro can make multiple calls and hang up who it wants to hang up. When I had the Treo 755, it didn't have to hang up the entire phone line when I made 3 way calls. I could disconnect who I wanted to disconnect and keep talking to who I wanted to talk to. Is there a patch coming soon to kind of fix this issue?
    I don't think CDMA phones are able to do this. Conference calling is simply a gsm thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdjohnson View Post
    The Centro can make multiple calls and hang up who it wants to hang up. When I had the Treo 755, it didn't have to hang up the entire phone line when I made 3 way calls. I could disconnect who I wanted to disconnect and keep talking to who I wanted to talk to. Is there a patch coming soon to kind of fix this issue?
    The Centro and Treo 755 on what network? It is completely impossible to hang up on only one call from a conference call on a CDMA network, so either it wasn't Sprint or Verizon, or you're mistaken.

For call waiting calls, it is possible to hang up on just the one line, but it's not entirely transparent and I don't think that's what you're referring to anyway. You press the hang up button, which seemingly hangs up on both calls, but then the phone rings again and one of the calls is still there, without ever being disconnected.

Like I said, this is just how CDMA works. So if you're on Sprint or Verizon, it doesn't matter what phone you use, or how the software on the phone works, it's just the way this happens.
    I've had CDMA Treos/Centros for years. If you were on two calls, and one ended, yes, it still showed the call. But, of course, since the person hung up, then the line opened back up. Then, you could always receive another call on that second line. I really don't see that it is that big of an issue. It's just a matter of aesthetics on the phone display.
    My friend has a Blackberry Bold 9700 on T-Mobile, and he can end phone calls separately from a conference call. I have a Sprint Pre, and when I try to end phone calls separately, I have to end all calls. Is there anyway to end calls separately on a conference call on the Palm Pre?
    T-Mobile is GSM and you can do that. You can't do it on a CDMA network like Sprint or Verizon. It's not the phone, it's the network. Same reason you can be in Internet (cellular) through AT&T and be on the phone at the same time, and can't with Sprint or Verizon (however you can if you are connected to the Internet with wi-fi).
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    T-Mobile is GSM and you can do that. You can't do it on a CDMA network like Sprint or Verizon. It's not the phone, it's the network.
    Are you sure about that? My last phone was a Treo 800W, the one before that was a Palm Centro, both with Sprint.

I could have sworn that there was an app on one of those that allowed you to manage conference calls, including hanging up from one party and switching to the other, I just can't remember which app or which OS it was.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    i was about to switch between and drop one caller with the treo 755p.
    its the phone not the service
    It's a CDMA issue and cannot be done right now. This has been discussed in depth in other threads.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...annoys-me.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...switching.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...phone-app.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-calling.html

You can see the directions on handling conference calls on Page 93 of the User Guide.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/05/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Centro was the same thing, but what you could do, same with the pre. Drop one call and the other rings back on. Read the help app on the phone explains in great detail on there on how to do it.
    I am using Blackberry but don't know about Bold 9700. May be you have to go to menu and you will find conference calls option there. Select that and disconnect the person you want to remove from the call.
    CDMA issue. If you want one caller to hang up, you need to ask them to hang up on their end. Otherwise, you'll need to hang up with both callers. You can switch between callers but hanging up is a different issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    is there any way to drop one call instead of all calls during conference call????
    this angered me off all d tym,..
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/22/2010 at 05:38 PM.
    No
    pretty sure this is a CDMA limitation not a limitation of WebOS itself.
    No it's a web os issue every phone I've ever owned has been CDMA and I have never had a phone before the pre that couldn't
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    The AT&T version supposedly handles calls better. I'd like to hear some of the experiences that our GSM brothers are having with call handling because my Verizon PDA Phones have been lousy with call handling. My Nokia E71 handled conference calls and multiple call handling like a dream! Other phone manufacturers could learn ALOT from the way the E71 handled calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    No it's a web os issue every phone I've ever owned has been CDMA and I have never had a phone before the pre that couldn't
    it is a cdma limitation. Switch to AT&T ir T-mobile. Sorry.
    <<Thread renamed and OP language edited to conform to PG13>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast